Houston Babies

Help!! My mom broke her...

My mom came to help after my surgery.  She stayed for 2 weeks and bunked up with Lila....  She ran to her for every whimper in the middle of the night, changed her diapers in the middle of the night, fed her at 5 am if she cried, put her in bed with her to "snuggle".  When mom arrived she had been STTN since about 10 weeks 13 hours and taking 2-3 good naps...  Now she's up 3,5,20 times a night, freaks out because she's "hungry" and naps like crap (30 min or less and I have to fight for that).  I love my mom, but I'm pissed.  She broke my kid.  Neither DH or I have had more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep in 2 weeks.  Help!!!  I am fully prepared to do anything it takes to go back to where we were.  She goes to bed fine.  Just doesn't stay there...  (I should also add that she just started standing. Every time I put her down in the crib she rolls over and pops up)....

Re: Help!! My mom broke her...

• Does she have a night light?  Perhaps try some music in her room.  Leave something that smells like you in her crib for comfort...and I know you hate to do it, but you might try some CIO...I bet you already have though.  So sorry!!!
  • I feel your pain...except my DS hasn't been a good sleeper for sometime.  I tried Ferber and it some what worked (he wasn't up every hour in the night but he was sleeping for 7 to 8 hours).   Then I went away for a weekend, and when I got back he was up once a night and it progessively got worse.  Everytime I said I'd do Ferber again he would get sick, and I couldn't make him CIO while he was sick...could I? 

Well he's all better now and he's up at least 3 times during the night and its not easy settling him back down either.   I'm one tired mama (DH works nights).   Ferber is going to visit this weekend, but I'm not too optimistic about it.  Sad

• Loading the player...
  • Ferber worked great with Luca...  However, we tried CIO with her and it wakes him up..  Then we have 2 kids awake..  I wish we could ship him off for the weekend so we could work on her, but that's not an option right now.  I did do some CIO for naps today.  It got her to sleep, but didn't last long... Crying
  • I am no help b/c Tyler started waking up again this past week in the middle of the night.

I think over Thanksgiving break his schedule was messed up and he will probably be messed up again during my Christmas break.

All I can say is good luck and I am sorry:(

• imagebpaullo:
    Ferber worked great with Luca...  However, we tried CIO with her and it wakes him up..  Then we have 2 kids awake..  I wish we could ship him off for the weekend so we could work on her, but that's not an option right now.  I did do some CIO for naps today.  It got her to sleep, but didn't last long... Crying

Can you put a sound machine in Luca's room and turn it up?  I had to do that with Alex when we let Foster cio.  It worked pretty well.  And I noticed that Foster seems to sleep a little better with loud white noise in his room, too. 

I hope she gets back on track soon.  It's the least she could do after she scratched your eye out.  Sad

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"