Postpartum Depression

PPD and PPA

Can you have both at the same time? I think I have mild PPA.

I'm extremely concerned about Natalie meeting her milestones. I check google every week to see when a baby should be rolling over/sitting up/tripoding/laughing/reaching and so many other things. I can't stop thinking that Natalie is behind and when I see a younger baby on here doing something Natalie can't do I immediately freak out.

I also worry about her ear. She has a strawberry hemangioma and a blood vessel broke open and became infected. It's causing her pain and we have to drive over 6 hrs to a children's hospital to get it checked out. I know this is ridiculous but I keep thinking that they are going to tell me she has cancer or a neurological problem.

She also refuses to nap in her crib and I fear that she is never going to. I'm afraid that she is going to nap on me for the rest of her life. I feel an overwhelming urge to sleep train her for naps even though I know she is too young. I can't get over the fact that she still only eats 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours. I feel like she should be eating more. I always make 6 oz and she never eats it all and has started spitting up more. How do I know when I'm supposed to increase her oz? What if she doesn't eat enough during the day? What if this is why she isn't sleeping? aaahhhhhhh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12

Re: PPD and PPA

• I was diagnosed with both ppd and anxiety.  I was a ball of nerves and I would cry at the drop of a hat.  I would worry that I wasn't doing anything right, as a mom, but no one else could do it right either, because they weren't her mom. 

As far as the sleeping, I just started a routine with her naps, like I did with bedtime.  And she'll let you know when she's ready to eat more.  She just might not be a big eater.  My almost 9 month old still only takes 5oz bottles!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes absolutely you can have a little bit of both, I do. The Zoloft has helped both for me but some ladies also need some anti-anxieties for when it gets bad. I'd ask your doc!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"