Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

If you sell Mary Kay or similar...

types of products like Premier Jewelry/Avon, etc, how much on average do you make per month?  I hear Mary Kay is great for SAHMs who want to earn extra $$ but I always wondered how much?  Would you consider it the same as a part-time job?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you sell Mary Kay or similar...

• Options

I used to sell Lia Sophia. I would make an average of $150 a show.

My problem was spending it all on more jewelry. 

Easiest money I've ever made and lots of fun! Average "show" time is 3 hours..so $50/hour. Not bad in my book.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use to sell Mary Kay.  If you decide to go with Mary Kay, do not buy anything up front except the started kit.  When I started doing this I was young and in college and listened to my director and bought so much stuff that I ended up donating alot to a womans shelter when I stopped doing it.  If you order as go, you make a 50% profit as long as you place one order of $250 a quarter.  You will make less if you have promotions or sales (but it is still a good income).  Before you did any of this, I would make sure you would have customers and people who were interested in these products so you don't get stuck!  If you have any other ?s let me know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I sold MK years ago when I was in college. Back then here is how it worked, to the best of my memory:

- you get access online to order products at 50% off of the suggested retail price. You then sell them for the full price and make 50%. So if blush costs is listed at 20 bucks, you make 10 in profit. 

- you have to order a certain dollar amount per month or quarter (I forget) and it is a few hundred bucks in order to stay 'current' and receive the discount.

- you need to buy a product/starter kit which is several hundred dollars up to thousands depending on which kit

- you buy your own samples

- you buy the selling catalogs, pay for any marketing/parties, and bags/tissue etc.

In the end you will really only be financially successful if you have a very large base of customers who order on a regular basis. I also think that a lot of people who want these products figured out that you can buy them on ebay for the discount price usually and a lot of sellers sell on ebay (even though it is against the rules).

In the end, I give this a thumbs down UNLESS as I said you will have a very large network to work with that will order on a continuous and constant regular basis.  

• Options
    imagejacksjerseygirl:

I sold MK years ago when I was in college. Back then here is how it worked, to the best of my memory:

- you get access online to order products at 50% off of the suggested retail price. You then sell them for the full price and make 50%. So if blush costs is listed at 20 bucks, you make 10 in profit. 

- you have to order a certain dollar amount per month or quarter (I forget) and it is a few hundred bucks in order to stay 'current' and receive the discount.

- you need to buy a product/starter kit which is several hundred dollars up to thousands depending on which kit

- you buy the selling catalogs, pay for any marketing/parties, and bags/tissue etc.

In the end you will really only be financially successful if you have a very large base of customers who order on a regular basis. I also think that a lot of people who want these products figured out that you can buy them on ebay for the discount price usually and a lot of sellers sell on ebay (even though it is against the rules).

In the end, I give this a thumbs down UNLESS as I said you will have a very large network to work with that will order on a continuous and constant regular basis.  

I still have some stuff left, I should sell it on ebay along with all my starter kit stuff! 

• Options
    imagekash27:
    imagejacksjerseygirl:

I still have some stuff left, I should sell it on ebay along with all my starter kit stuff! 

You totally should. I did just that - people sell 'lots' of samples too. I only still use the MK concealer  and I usually just buy on ebay - many of the sellers are active consultants and 'breaking' the rules by selling on ebay. They sell it usually at 60-70% of the original price - so they make a few bucks but you get a 'discount' from buying it from another active consultant. 

• Options

I thought my SIL was doing really good selling marykay. She got money for  car payment every month & was a director. Then I saw her basement. She, literally, had thousands and thousands of dollars worth of makeup. I don't think her DH knew the value of all the makeup she had stashed or he would of flipped. So she looked like she was selling a lot but really it was just her buying it.

I think unless you have a good base of customers or really like hounding people, it's hard to make a profit doing marykay.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I sell Mary Kay and I make about 700.00 per month.  That is off of parties and reorders mostly.   I can give you more information if you are interested.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"