Postpartum Depression

Going off meds

I started Zoloft at 6 weeks pp.  I feel like I'm ready to start weening off of it, but I'm not sure if its the right thing to do.  I know ppd can last a year or more, so maybe I should wait?!? 

I have no prior history of depression or anxiety.  I really think it all came from having a scary l&d, and having a preemie (I had a sudden onset of severe pre-e) 

Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going off meds

• do NOT self medicate on any level especially with anti-depressants or SSRIs

Just call your doc and let them advise you on the proper way to ween off.

Congrats on getting a handle on all of it!  that's great news!

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, I'd speak with your doc to see how they want you to wean off, you can't stop cold turkey without severe side effects. But if you're feeling good I would definitely look into it and once you start dosing down you can see how you feel and go from there. Great news though! GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would check with your doc first.

I know my Ob doesn't want me to try to wean off of anything before Feb/Mar timing, because of the risk of seasonal affect disorder (getting depressed during the winter months). He doesn't want any of his PPD patients weaning off their meds in the fall/winter timing, only going into spring/summer because he's seen this happen so many times.
  • I definately plan on calling my dr when I decide that I'm ready to come off the meds!  I'm just not sure if I should wait a few more months. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"