Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What kind of ID does your baby need to fly??

Re: What kind of ID does your baby need to fly??

• A birth certificate is sufficient if you're flying within the country.  Also, some airlines require a paper ticket for a "lap" passenger, so make sure you check ahead of time.
  • check with your airline. 

passport for international, and either a birth certificate or nothing for domestic. American Airlines didn't require any ID for domestic. 

• Loading the player...
  • I always bring his birth certificate, that's what they've asked for each time we've flown.  Southwest told me that they would also accept an immunization form.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • we never had to show any id--i brought a copy of his BC just in case
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sometimes even a shot record works. You have to call to find out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always had his birth cert along, but I've never been asked for it. We've flown Northwest, AirTran, and Midwest.
  • I've never had to show any kind of id for domestic travel (probably about 12 flights between the two kids), but I'd bring a birth certificate just in case. (or as pp said a passport if international)
  • I've flown continental a bunch with her and have never been asked for any sort of ID.
  • We've flown domestically several times and have never been asked for anything. DS also always has his own seat. 

You can bring anything that indicates identification/age such as vaccination record, hospital release, birth certificate, etc. You don't have to have the BC. We will not have a BC until DS is closer to a year old so. 

• I have never been asked for it, but I always carry a copy of her birth certificate.  I have flown a bunch of different airlines too.  My guess is that they will start asking to see it more when she gets a little older (so they can make sure that she is under two, since that is the limit for her to be a lap child).
  • Nothing if flying domestic....at least I've never been asked for ID for my baby.  I agree with the other posters, ask the airlines.
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"