3rd Trimester

Bridesmaid dress- 8 wks postpartum? (long-ish)

Hi ladies,

I know there has been at least one thread about this in the past, so I apologize.  I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding about 9 weeks after my EDD.  She does not seem to understand how different my body is going to be at that point (and I don't even really know what to expect!).  She is insisting on strapless dresses, which is going to be horrible since I know my boobs will be HUGE and she picked a dress that is very form-fitting around the midsection.  I told her I really didn't feel comfortable wearing that dress, so she said I could wear a different dress from everyone else. 

For any of you that have either a) been in a wedding 8-9 weeks postpartum or b) are going to be in a wedding shortly after giving birth, what type of dress are you wearing?  She told me I could send her some choices... I don't even know where to begin!  I was thinking empire waisted would be best, but is this just going to draw more attention to my huge boobs?!  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.  I'm looking for brands or styles that may be flattering, or I'm wondering whether it would be best to just buy a maternity bridesmaid dress.  I'm already feeling super self-conscious, and I haven't even bought the dress yet!  TIA!!

Re: Bridesmaid dress- 8 wks postpartum? (long-ish)

• I am in a wedding about 12 weeks after my due date.  The dress is strapless and fitted.  I was just planning on getting a size bigger then my normal size and altering if needed.  Is that a possiblity for you?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 8 wks is a long time in terms of PP. If your EBF, chances are you will be back to ppg weight depending on how much, and how, you've gained the pregnancy weight. Your breasts will probably be bigger than normal, but your milk will have regulated itself by that time so they should be as large as they are now, or at time of delivery. I think that if you could find an empire waisted spaghetti strap/halter dress it would look gorgeous
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in a wedding about 10 weeks after I deliver. Thankfully my girlfriend picked 3 styles and let us choose. I chose the one that I thought would be the most forgiving but ordered up a few sizes to make sure my chest would fit.

https://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6562/

• I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding 10 weeks after EDD and I've been stressing about it too! I wasn't given the option of choosing a different dress and hated to ask that of my cousin so I just ordered a 2 sizes bigger than my Pre-Pregnancy size. I figured it would be easier to have it taken in...I'm trying to use it as incentive to lose the weight and get back in shape! I've gained 13 lbs so far so I'm hoping it won't be hard to shed. Tongue Tied

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in a wedding 8 weeks after my EDD but the bride let us pick our dresses in any style we want as long as it's the same color. So I'm going with a dress like this: https://www.ariadress.com/Desciptions/Desc141KA.htm in A-line. I actually went and talked with one of the women at the designer's showroom and she helped me figure out which style was most forgiving and flattering given that I have no idea how my body will look/feel at that point. 

One thing to keep in mind is a dress that you don't have to wear a strapless bra with - if you're nursing you'll want straps.

• I will be standing up in a wedding exactly 8 weeks from my due date as well.  Our dresses are strapless A-lines that are fitted to the hips.  I ordered 2 sizes larger than normal.  I'm hoping my belly will shrink enough to fit in...it's my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect at all.  On top of that I have gained 25 pounds already so I'm not doing too well with the weight gain either!  Sorry..no help here but good luck to you!

Edit:  Not in 3rd tri quite yet..sorry to barge in!!

• I am in a wedding as well, our dresses our gorgeous and rather form fitting, I just ordered mine big and I am going with spanx. I just hope I dont fall out of the top I am big to begin with!!
  • imageAnna&Matt:

I'm in a wedding 8 weeks after my EDD but the bride let us pick our dresses in any style we want as long as it's the same color. So I'm going with a dress like this: https://www.ariadress.com/Desciptions/Desc141KA.htm in A-line. I actually went and talked with one of the women at the designer's showroom and she helped me figure out which style was most forgiving and flattering given that I have no idea how my body will look/feel at that point. 

One thing to keep in mind is a dress that you don't have to wear a strapless bra with - if you're nursing you'll want straps.

Problem is... the bride is pretty much insistent on strapless...and I plan to be nursing.  I'm hoping I can find a decent strapless nursing bra to last me through pictures and the ceremony and then maybe put a jacket/wrap over my dress and switch bras.  Ugh.....

• imagehjf2B:
    imageAnna&Matt:

I'm in a wedding 8 weeks after my EDD but the bride let us pick our dresses in any style we want as long as it's the same color. So I'm going with a dress like this: https://www.ariadress.com/Desciptions/Desc141KA.htm in A-line. I actually went and talked with one of the women at the designer's showroom and she helped me figure out which style was most forgiving and flattering given that I have no idea how my body will look/feel at that point. 

Problem is... the bride is pretty much insistent on strapless...and I plan to be nursing.  I'm hoping I can find a decent strapless nursing bra to last me through pictures and the ceremony and then maybe put a jacket/wrap over my dress and switch bras.  Ugh.....

How about adding "clear" straps to your dress to help hold it up?  You can find them at most fabric or lingerie stores.  Just have the seamstress add thread loops to the inside of your bodice so you can hook the straps to them.  Also, order the dress at least two sizes bigger than your pre-preg size and have it altered to fit about 4 weeks before the wedding.  Spanx and a good bra should help.  Here's one that offers tummy control too. GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"