3rd Trimester
Options

A sono for growth @ 38 weeks?

Is anyone else having one?  Everything is looking normal for me & for the baby.  They did say she looks like she's going to be a big baby & she hasn't dropped yet + no dialation or effacement.  I'm excited to see her but I'm wondering why they would be ordering this? 

Anyone have this happen? or know why they want to do this?

Re: A sono for growth @ 38 weeks?

• Options
    We are having one at around 36 weeks just for the simple fact that they think he is big.
  • Options

My doctor said they would look at doing this because during my last sono (26 weeks) LO measured about 3 weeks ahead. It doesn't mean there's something to worry about, I know a few offices do these more frequently if they think either the baby will be big, your fundal height is ahead or LO might not match your pelvis size.

Ask why at your next appointment and enjoy seeing LO!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They told me I'd have one at 38-39 weeks since baby was measuring two weeks ahead around 33 weeks.  I am excited to see him again.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had one on thursday.  I was 39wk4days.  I also had/have no progress, and the dr said he thought it would be a big baby.  So when we had the growth sono they estimate my son being between 8lb15oz - 9lb3oz.  So yes not a tiny baby.  To make a long story short, I am being induced today because I am not progressing on my own and I really want to deliver my son naturally and not by c-section(unless necessary). I know that inducing has a chance of c-section in the end but if he gets too big it will decrease my chances of a vaginal delivery even more.

Hope everything goes well at your sono, and keep in mind that although you may have a birth plan in your mind/heart, remember that it is just a plan and that sometimes you have to change it up a little bit!

Hope that answered your question, a little nervous about induction today so prob rambling! Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine is doing this for two reasons...to verify what position they are in...and to see if she will "fit".  They are thinking my baby is big and is also in the   90th percentile for head circumfrence, so they are looking to see if vaginal birth is even an option.   My dr. however, is still hoping that I can give vaginal delivery "the old college try", but she wants to have a good idea of what she's dealing with so we can be prepared.
  • Options

imageLittleMamaB:
    We are having one at around 36 weeks just for the simple fact that they think he is big.

Ditto this, but at 37weeks.

• Options
    I had one last week because our LO is measuring small.
  • Options
    My measurement didn't change between my last 2 appointments, so if it stays the same again this week, I will get a growth ultrasound. My doc said the baby has just probably dropped more, but if we don't have ssee change this week she wants to double check things.  (I will be 1 day from 39 weeks at my next apt)
  • Options
    my first dr's office didn't do them but this one does them at 36-37 weeks just to check size and position..nothing to worry about
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJessicaG56:
    my first dr's office didn't do them but this one does them at 36-37 weeks just to check size and position..nothing to worry about

ditto! My Doc pretty much acted like it was routine and said he wanted to check the position, etc. ?I will have it done at 35 weeks.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"