Postpartum Depression
Options

Tell Me About Klonopin

i spoke to my doctor this morning and she has called me in a prescription for paxil and klonopin.  i've taken SSRI's before (zoloft) but not klonopin.  she said it was similiar to xanax.  will i be able to function on it (.5 mg) or will it make me a zombie?

Re: Tell Me About Klonopin

• Options
    I have taken it on and off for anxiety. I take it before bed because it does make me pretty drowsy. DH takes it too and it has never made him drowsy.
  • Options

Klonopin works great for relieving anxiety, however IMO the negatives out weigh the positive. I was on Klonopin for 5 years.  I took half of a .5 mg tablet three times a day. At first it made me very drowsy and forgetful. I was however, finally able to go out into public. I had a very bad panic disorder in college. I took it for 5 years and I was VERY dependant on it. I finally forced myself to go off it because I had lost so much weight and got sick constantly. I didn't realize how hooked my body was on it until I started to wean myself off. Klonopin is very effective, but please be cautious. It is a VERY strong and long lasting drug. If you take it, don't take it for long. It's just not worth it. I wish you so much luck and hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"