Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

IS 6 months too old for baptism?

The church does not baptise during lent so it's either jan or april.

Do you think 6 months will be too old to baptise?

Re: IS 6 months too old for baptism?

• Options
    Nope, we're doing it at 6-7m. Better late than never, despite my mom's frustration. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

No. DS was 5 months when he was baptised and DD will also be 5 months - just happened that way....

SIL's kid was over 2 years, running around and screaming at his baptism. That, IMHO, is too old. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just did Lily's this past weekend, but we also joined the church at the same time. I was 3 months old when baptised and my nephews were 2yrs and 1 yr old. I think like pp said, better late than never.
  • Options
    Definitely not too old.  There was a three year old getting baptised at my church the same day as Liam. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was a year when I was babtised. My parents got pregnant with my little sister shortly after I was born and I was colic until I was 3 months, so they waited and had a 2-for-1 babtism. Smile

We plan to have Ella's babtism between 4-6months.

• Options
    My mom and I were baptised together when I was an infant. She was 24! When you think about the meaning of a baptism you realize you are never too old!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No, DD will be 7 or 8 months when we do it. No baptisms during Lent at our church either.
  • Options
    Exactly!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I sure hope not!  DS still needs to be baptised.  We live out of state from 99% of our family so we haven't figured out how we will get both LO's baptised.  It probably won't happen for a while.
  • Options
    Not at all.  We had DSs at 2 months, but my niece was baptised at 3 years.  I think as long as it gets done.....   So you are fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"