Detroit Babies
Options

Infant Positioners

Any recommended infant sleep positioners? I looked online at the one I registered for and it has very low positive reviews.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Infant Positioners

• Options
    Talk to your pedi when you interview them. Most don't recommend a positioner unless there is some medical condition that merits it (i.e. with GERD babies they recommend tucker slings or elevating the crib mattress to 45 degrees.) If you little one is a healthy one (hopefully!) they say on the back in a sleep sack or swaddle me. Big Smile
  • Options
    imageAlmostMrs.F:
    Talk to your pedi when you interview them. Most don't recommend a positioner unless there is some medical condition that merits it (i.e. with GERD babies they recommend tucker slings or elevating the crib mattress to 45 degrees.) If you little one is a healthy one (hopefully!) they say on the back in a sleep sack or swaddle me. Big Smile

Cool - thanks for the info.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Amy,

We bought this one and it was returned the next day. DD sleeps in a sleep sack that is fleece. The fleece sort of clings to the positioner and she was sliding down while the sleep sack stayed up. So her face went into the sleep sace. It didn't seem to safe but like pp said if there is a medical reason you might be able to get a Rx frm your doctor and get it for free at a medical supply company.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The infant positioner was a god send for us!!  DS did not like his crib- he could be sound asleep and as soon as we set him down, he'd be up crying.  He's a snuggler and I don't think he liked the freedom.  Swaddling would make him too hot and he'd wake up all wet from sweating.  Anyhow, I'm not sure if they still make them, but Boppy had a really nice one.  It was a memory foam pad that was slightly inclided.  The side rolls were detachable though, so you could adjust them as necessary, which helped with the sliding issue.  He slept so good on that thing!  I was sad once he outgrew it.  They still sleep on their back and that tiny bit of incline is actually good for their digestion
  • Options
    We used one, until he was 2.5-3 months old.  Until he started wiggling too much.  It worked for us, but I think it's a personal opinion on if you want one or not. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    we have an incline one made i think by dex products.  I hated.  We have now used when he got the flu at 4 months and now a bad cold.  we love it for the colds it helps him breathe.  we do not use it any other time because he moves to much for it and when he was little he slide down.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"