Pennsylvania Babies
Options

jasonlovessara

I hope all is well.  One question I had is did you join a Twin group in your area?  If so, when did you join?  I don't want to be jumping the gun on things, but I also don't want to be too late joining.  Another thing I wanted to ask was: what week were your twins born?  Did they have to spend any time in the NICU? And did you have to go on bedrest? Sorry for all the questions I am just getting anxious. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: jasonlovessara

• Options

LOL.... I just paged you over on the other board :)

I did not join a twin group in my area, I had all intentions of doing so but just never did.  I still get the updates.  Do you know of your local one?  I know that I was contacted by my local one, I guess the hospital gave them my address.  I think it is a great support for many ladies... I just saw in the updates that I got that there were not many ladies in my local one and their children were a lot older.

My twins were born 33 w 6 d due to Bella's water breaking.  I received one round of the steroid shots and they tried to hold me off 24 hours so that I could recieve another one but my babies had other ideas and they came about 11 hours after my water broke.  They were in the NICU for 18 and 21 days.  Which was so so hard but they were "feeders / growers" and had minimal support (they only needed feeding tubes and Bella was on oxygen for 1 night)

I was on half-day bedrest.... I worked 4 hour days starting at 25 weeks (?) and took it easy.  My blood pressure was the most concerning thing, my cervix and everything else looked good.

I am not sure where you are in Lancaster but if you ever want to meet up for lunch one day let me know!  I know how this  time can be scary/wonderful/overwhelming all at the same time :)  Feel free to ask whatever questions you need!!

• Options

I think I have found the Twin club in Lancaster.....I have heard many good things about joining like the sales that they do 2x a year for clothes and other items. 

Like everyone, I would love to make it to 36 or 37 weeks so they don't have to spend too much time in the NICU.  Only time will tell how that will work out!  hehehe.

The only problem with my job is that they are not flexable in the least with me going to part-time.  I have a sit down job, so I am hoping I can last pretty long working without bedrest.  Oh well, no need to worry about things that aren't here yet I guess. 

Yeah after the holidays it would be great to meet up.  I go to York for Bed Bath and Beyond quite a bit so that wouldn't be a problem.  I love Chili's and they are right there. 

Again thank you so much for answering my crazy questions.  I am excited but overwhelmed.  I am a planner (I am a travel agent), so I hate not knowing what to expect, I do know that everyone is different and things don't always go as planned.  Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"