Kansas Babies
Options

Great Ob/Gyn In Overland Park

Hello my family and i just moved to Ks and we stay in Overland Park I just recently found out that im pregnant and would like if you ladies could suggest a great doctor for my pregnancy and also if you know any great pediatricians i have 2 children ages 2 and 6 whatever suggestions would be helpful and let me not forget im looking for a doctor that does water births as well i would love to have my 3rd child in water. thanks

Re: Great Ob/Gyn In Overland Park

• Options

Welcome! I am actually working with a wonderful midwife who does in home water births! She also can recommend some great pediatricians for your 2 children. She is WONDERFUL! I am actually planning to deliver my first this Feb. doing a home water birth. If you have any other questions just let me know!

https://www.ksmidwife.com

her email is

image Also she does have a Facebook so if you search for her under Suzanne Ryan she should come up :)

• Options

My OB is Dr. Ridgeway with the Shawnee Mission Medical Center.  Their website is www.womenshealthkc.com.  She was amazing, and very low-key.  I was incredibly paranoid, and she helped keep me calm.

We use a family practitioner instead of a pediatrician - we use Dr. Matthew Buss, also with the Shawnee Mission Medical Center.  You can find him by going to Shawneemission.org and looking him up with their "Find a Doctor" search bar.  He's been great for all of us.

GL and welcome to the area! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Douglas MacFarlane. He is one of the top OB/GYNs in the state and I loved him. It makes me sad that I moved and can't go there for our baby!
  • Options
    imagetabi_ja:

My OB is Dr. Ridgeway with the Shawnee Mission Medical Center.  Their website is www.womenshealthkc.com.  She was amazing, and very low-key.  I was incredibly paranoid, and she helped keep me calm.

We use a family practitioner instead of a pediatrician - we use Dr. Matthew Buss, also with the Shawnee Mission Medical Center.  You can find him by going to Shawneemission.org and looking him up with their "Find a Doctor" search bar.  He's been great for all of us.

GL and welcome to the area! 

I go to Dr. Martinez at Women's Health Associates in Shawnee Mission Medical Center and she is great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got to Kansas City's Women Clinic.  There are a ton of doctors in the gropu and they are great!
  • Options

I have Dr. MaGee at Women's Health PA. They also have midwives. They have 3 different locations and have privleges at 3 hospitals. I went to him for my first pregnancy and miscarriage, and I'm back with him again. The staff is super friendly, the u/s tech is onsite and the best part? They have never ran over 20 minutes late, even in the afternoons when you'd think they might be running really far behind. Bloodwork gets back really fast, and since I'm only off on Mondays, I go to one location because he's there on Mondays, but if I just need blood I can go to the location closer to my house. And if you're not feeling well they're really good about getting you in. I had a sinus infection the other week and minute clinic wouldn't do anything and the ob's office was more concerned about my vomiting, but the ER didn't do anything about the sinus infection either, so I called back 2 or 3 days later, "Hi, I called the other day with the sinus infection? You sent me to the ER. I still have a sinus infection and would really appreciate breathing again." "Oh sure, we'll get an antibiotic called in for you!" It was ready a few hours later when I sent the hubs to get it. I can't say enough about how much I love my OB and his colleagues.

https://www.womenscare-obgyn.com/homepage.aspx

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Dr. Heit at the Kansas City Womens Center is great! The building is located right next to Overland Park Regional Medical Center!

Congrats! :)

• Options
    I also see Dr Ana Martinez at Women's Health Associates.  I saw her for the delivery of my oldest two and delivered at Menorah.  I was very pleased with my care there.  With my 3rd, I couldn't go to any HCA Hospitals and am anti-Shawnee Mission Medical, so I changed doctors.  While I liked the other doctor ok (and loved St Luke's South), my delivery experience wasn't what I wanted.  So this time, I am going back to Dr Martinez and Menorah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"