Baby Showers

how far along were you when you had your shower?

this probably gets asked a lot i know! my mom is throwing me one and she asked when i want to have it. any advice? i want to have time to get stuff set up and return things if necessary before lo is born. i'm the first one of my friends to have a baby so i don't know when the norm is to have one!

Re: how far along were you when you had your shower?

• I'll be a day shy of 34 weeks at mine.  I wanted enough time to set up the nursery and make returns afterwards, but I also wanted to be far enough along to actually look really pregnant!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine at 32 weeks. I though it was a geat time because it gave me a couple of months to get the nursery ready (after the big u/s), set up a regestry and then once the shower was over I had time to put things away and set all the things together and in place.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • 33 1/2 weeks.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• 30 weeks, due to the holidays...probably would have waited a few more weeks any other time of year.
  • I was 34 weeks at mine.We went out that weekend and returned and bought things we wanted. It was so overwhelming though!
    Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11
  • 36-38 weeks (I had 4 showers)
  • Our shower is this weekend and I am 30 weeks. This works good for us and will give us plenty of time to make any returns/exchanges and get the nursery in order. I also did not want to be out of it at my shower. Plus with the holidays coming it was a good time for my family.

• 30 weeks, 1 day!
    me~ 36 DH~35 
    Married in 2006, together since 2002
    TTC since late 2007
    Charting, ovulation testing, etc...
    9 cycles of clomid =BFN
    Met with RE in Dec. 2008
    Diagnosed with lean pcos/ anovulatory 
    IVF #1 April 2009=BFP!
    DD born 1.14.2010
    1 snow baby on ice since April 2009
    FET scheduled for February 2016
  • I'll be a day shy of 33
  • I am currently a little over 27 weeks and I have decided not to have a shower due to distance between friends and family...so I just registered with target and babies r us - so it can all be shipped and the people can shop over the holidays.
  • I was 31w 1d at my shower.  I wanted it early so I'd had time to purchase anything needed that we didn't receive.
  • 34 weeks
  • 32 weeks for the first one and 33 weeks for the second one. 
  • Mine is Saturday and I'll be 31 1/2 weeks Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are set for 27, 29, and 31 weeks for me - but I have twins and already look like I'm full term (if singleton).
  • 31 and 33 weeks.

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• I'm having 3 and my first one is this Sunday at 30 weeks. My other two are the same weekend Sat/Sun and I'll be 32 weeks. The holidays sort of made the timing difficult.
  • Mine is this weekend. I will be 29 weeks. We did it early because of holidays and weather in Jan can be tough in boston.

• I'll be 28 weeks at my shower. We didn't want to do it too close to the holidays and some weekends in Jan. already didn't work for either me or my mom.
  • My showers are planned for Jan 30th and Feb 21st.  I'll be 33 weeks at the first and 36 weeks at the second.  It's pushing it a bit, but we wanted to give people a decent break after the holidays.
  • I just had my 1st shower at 26 weeks, as I had to travel abroad for it (my  mother lives in Peru).  My shower here in Florida will be when I am 34 weeks.

• 26 weeks and 32 weeks.  
  • 29 weeks...we wanted to have it before all of the holiday craziness started, and didn't want to wait until January since then I'd be at least 36 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have mine set for Dec 15th and Jan 3.. My original due date was Jan 27, but this got moved up to Jan 15th with a scheduled C-section.. so one will be 12days before LO will get here and the other will be 4wks2days before the big day!

• imagesdkel42:
    I am currently a little over 27 weeks and I have decided not to have a shower due to distance between friends and family...so I just registered with target and babies r us - so it can all be shipped and the people can shop over the holidays.

A friend of mine had to travel home for her shower and everyone bought her a gift card and a picture of what they wanted her to use it on when she got home. Just an idea... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"