Texas Babies

might be silly to you...but

Ive been thinking about changing my doctors, the midwife i go now delivered both of my children and I was hoping she would be there for this one also. My only problem is that my husbands 17 year old neice had my midwife and hopital with her son last new years. Not only that shes back on the pregnant train and back with MY midwife. I know the midwifes have other ladies they see but I wanted to be the only one from family that she would be seeing. And Im not saying anything bad about teenage pregnancies but she reccomened the Obs to her friends. And its just...ugh I don't know how to explain it!

But another thing the hospital they deliver, St. Lukes, their post partum rooms are sooo small and old fashion with that aqua color from when our moms had us. My friend had her baby this past june over at North Central Baptist Hopital and it was so nice. It was big not to mention cute! They play a lullaby everytime a baby is born and they serve you filet mignon. It looks like a frickin hotel room!!

I don't wanna sound spoiled or ungreatful but do I have a point...even if its small? Do any of you ladies understand what im trying to say? Or been in somewhat of the same situation?

so my question  

Re: might be silly to you...but

• Can you use another one of the midwives?  The only problem with changing doctors is that many will not take transfer patients that late into the pregnancy.  You might have to do quite a bit of calling around.  

Also, OBs charge a lot more than midwives do, and depending on your insurance and deductible, there can be quite a bit out of pocket.  If it looks like you might be paying more anyway, you may look into how much it would be to upgrade to a suite at St. Luke's.  Their suites don't look quite as big as the ones they have at Methodist where I last delivered, but the setup looks the same (you have a special menu to eat off of, special staff, etc.)

Lastly, if you are used to using a midwife, there is a good chance you will not be happy using an OB during delivery.  Be prepared to not have parts of your birth plan honored.  In fact, if you have one, I would take it with you when you talk to OBs and see what their thoughts are. 

Good luck!  If you do chose to look for an OB, I know quite a few ladies here delivered at North Central Baptist and can rec their doctors! 

• Look up Institute for Women's Health. I think their site is www.ifwh.org. My OB is part of this practice. NC Baptist is the only hospital they deliver at, and I loved it. I don't recall the whole lullaby thing, though. Maybe that's something new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"