Birth Stories
Options

birthing classes

hope it's ok to post this here.  i figured w/so many natural birth stories it might catch someone's eye.

i am curious about the birthing classes you non-medicated ladies took to prepare you.  i have a friend who went the bradley route and was extremely pleased.  but i have so few non-medicated birthing friends i'd love input on what others have done and experienced.

thanks! 

Re: birthing classes

• Options
    I read Husband Coached Childbirth-The Bradley Method. We only took a breathing/relaxation class, it was just one full Saturday. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took a quick 2 hour class that honestly didn't do much.  I learned a lot more from reading Ina May's book & trusting my body.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't delivered yet, but I did take a Bradley class.  Overall, I think it's great preparation, but I think the class quality depends a lot on the instructor.  Ours was fantastic in that she was knowledgeable and would do anything for her students, but she was also super anti-establishment and even suggesting lying to our doctors if our water breaks and contractions haven't started on their own.  I wasn't really comfortable with that.
  • Options

We took the Bradley classes and I felt it prepared us extremely well for our natural birth.  I would highly recommend them.

That and having a doula, and laboring at home as long as possible (for your 1st kid, at least).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also took Bradley classes and read two med-free birthing books (Hypnobirthing and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way).  I was very very pleased with my birth experience!  I achieved my goal of not getting any pain drugs and it was amazing.  It just takes commitment and lots of practice.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

Also took Bradley classes.  It really helped me and my hubby be prepared about everything and anything that can happen.  The actual birthing technique is great too...the best thing we did.  I hear about Lamaza and other methods and all dont make sense to me but Bradley did. 

imageAutumnBride929:
    I also took Bradley classes and read two med-free birthing books (Hypnobirthing and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way).  I was very very pleased with my birth experience!  I achieved my goal of not getting any pain drugs and it was amazing.  It just takes commitment and lots of practice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"