TTC after 35

Prometrium makes me crazy

It really does - I get so angry about things - and there is this little voice in the back of my head saying, "That is not rational."  But I have trouble listening to it.

Right now, I am indulging in a brief respite of logic before I take my next dose. 

Anyone else have a lot of side effects from this stuff?  Any words of wisdom - besides buying a punching bag - which DH actually offered to do the other night;0

Re: Prometrium makes me crazy

• Amen to that!  I vote for letting DH buy the punching bag!

Last month was my first month using the suppositories (100mg, once a day) from 2 DPO and I was a mess! Nausea, tiredness, irritability, you name it.

I wish I had words of advice but I find it hard to cope, too.  The good news is that I used Clomid for the first time this cycle and Prometrium is far worse than Clomid (I haven't had much side effects....yet).  I'm hoping I have a week's break before I need to start my prometrium - we'll see.

Hang in there! 

• That stuff is made by the devil, I swear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah - I was on clomid, Follistim, and Ovridel - and I felt fine on all of those.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

• Really?  This is not the first time I've heard of this devilish Devil side effect.  The only thing it did to me was make me feel high right before I got really tired.  I don't recall it ever making me irrationally angry (though my anger is never irrational Wink )

I have to say I'm shocked because BCP maked me bat sh*t crazy. So I'm surprised that clomid or femara has not done that to me.  

• It's weird how these things affect everyone differently. BCP made me feel awesome.  They helped stabalize my moods - I loved them.  And when I went off them I was very weepy for about 3 months...but I have always seen that as evidence that my hormone levels are wacky - since I know it is far more common for BCP to make people feel awful...

But, in happier news, I don't feel as awful today...I think becuase I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

• Prometrium is absolutely horrible.  I was on 100 mg twice a day orally and I felt awful.  I would get lightheaded and dizzy and would also get so angry about the smallest things.  I was supposed to take it through my 1st trimester, but only made it to 10 weeks this time. 

One good thing is that the next time I get pregnant, my dr said I may only need to take it once a day. 

Buying a punching bag is a great idea!  I make ask my DH for one for Christmas.  Eventhough I am not taking the Prometrium I am still angry about my latest miscarriage.   

SAIF and PAIF Always Welcome
    07/14/97 - Stillborn twins at 22 weeks
    12/20/99 - Miscarriage #1 - 11 wks 4 days laproscopic surgery due to rupture of tube
    07/01/01 - Divorced
    05/30/09 - Re-married to a wonderful man!
    11/11/09 - Miscarriage #2 - 10 wks 3 days, D&C
    Dx: Unexplained
    07/30/10 - 10/19/10 - IUI #1 - IUI #4 clomid cd2-6 + premarin cd7-13 + HCG Trigger=BFFN's
    11/10/10 - IVF #1 Start stims ER#1 11/22, ER #2 11/24, ET 11/29=BFFN
    03/14/11 - IVF #2 start stims, ER-03/26/11, ET-03/31/11, beta 04/08/11 = BFFN
    05/16/11 - Hail Mary Cycle - Inj+TI =BFP!! 06/08/11 Beta #1 71.8, 06/10/11 Beta #2 201, U/S 6/20-1 sac. U/S 6/28 sac and hb of 118!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So sorry to hear the prometrium is treating you badly. Knock on wood I haven't had too many symptoms yet. Maybe a little tired and very slightly nauseous, but definitely manageable. They also have me on estradiol. This is TMI, but the green discharge from the blue estradiol and the yellow prometrium is just delightful.

Hang in there. One week down, one to go! Hopefully we'll both get good news next week. Fingers crossed.

• It's my first month taking it.  I'm an emotional basketcase.  Fighting back tears all day, irritable with absolutely everything.  I have the physical SE too (fatigue, headache, nausea) but it is the emotional side that is driving me nuts. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagenola8446:

Buying a punching bag is a great idea!  I make ask my DH for one for Christmas.  Eventhough I am not taking the Prometrium I am still angry about my latest miscarriage.   

I just wanted to say I am so sorry about your miscarriage.  I had one back in May - they really suck.

• imageAmy&Steve0421:
    imagenola8446:

I just wanted to say I am so sorry about your miscarriage.  I had one back in May - they really suck.

Thanks so much.  I appreciate it.  It does really suck.  I really hope the Prometrium gets better for you.

SAIF and PAIF Always Welcome
    07/14/97 - Stillborn twins at 22 weeks
    12/20/99 - Miscarriage #1 - 11 wks 4 days laproscopic surgery due to rupture of tube
    07/01/01 - Divorced
    05/30/09 - Re-married to a wonderful man!
    11/11/09 - Miscarriage #2 - 10 wks 3 days, D&C
    Dx: Unexplained
    07/30/10 - 10/19/10 - IUI #1 - IUI #4 clomid cd2-6 + premarin cd7-13 + HCG Trigger=BFFN's
    11/10/10 - IVF #1 Start stims ER#1 11/22, ER #2 11/24, ET 11/29=BFFN
    03/14/11 - IVF #2 start stims, ER-03/26/11, ET-03/31/11, beta 04/08/11 = BFFN
    05/16/11 - Hail Mary Cycle - Inj+TI =BFP!! 06/08/11 Beta #1 71.8, 06/10/11 Beta #2 201, U/S 6/20-1 sac. U/S 6/28 sac and hb of 118!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"