South Jersey Babies

New...questions

I am new to the Bump my name is Diana. We were married 8.29.09 and are going to TTC. My questions is there a list of abreviations like on the Knot? Does anyone recommend and over the counter pre natal vitamin my doctor said they are just as good as an rx. Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New...questions

• I know if you read the ingredients in some of these prenatal pills they are not all the same. I started on organic prenatal vitamins from Wegmans then I had my ob/gyn chewable vitamins named Completenate..so I would look further into the different prenatal vitamins on the market   
  • The bump board glossary on the left side of the screen tells you the meanings of alot of the abbreviations.

As far as prenatals, I take a RX one called Duet (Pruet is the generic), it is two pills, one prenatal and one DHA pill.  DHA is good for the baby's brain development and a lot of OBs recommend it now. 

I've read on the bump that some girls like the OTC Target brand prenatals.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • I've taken both the OTC Target and CVS brands. I still take CVS brand since I'm breastfeeding.

Good luck!

• i use target prenatals with DHA
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take the the target brand prenatals with an extra folic acid supplement.  I asked my ob about the target brand and she said they were just as a good as any other, but would suggesting adding extra folic acid. 

Good Luck TTC!

• With DS #1 I had a Rx prenatal.  DS#2 my doc said that the Target OTC was fine (that's what I started to use after my Rx ran out after DS was born) but to add a DHA pill so I also took Expecta.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"