Detroit Babies
Options

Portrait Innovations=Bad experience

After waiting 25 minutes after our scheduled picture time, they rushed us through and waiting another 25 minutes between rooms my DD needed to eat and they told us they could not wait our session time was up.  Um because I spent the whole time waiting for you.  I do not reccomend this place they were super rude and could not get DD to smile.  When we walked out she had a huge grin.  She is 3 months old and realized how mean they were.  Find somewhere else... I am trying the new place at Macomb Mall tonight- wish me luck!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Portrait Innovations=Bad experience

• Options
    I had a similiar experience at DS's 3 month pictures. The photographer kept asking me "why isn't he smiling?" It was HER! They actually told us to leave & come back because he DS was not cooperating. I was PISSED! We did come back and we got a couple good pictures.  I went to Penney's for his 6 month pictures, but I'm going to try Portrait again for his 9 month pictures in a couple weeks.  I pray it's better than the 3 month!!! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    oh gosh! Im so sorry you had a bad experience. Which PI did you go to??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageblondie0135:
    oh gosh! Im so sorry you had a bad experience. Which PI did you go to??

This.  We go to Livonia and have never had a bad experience.

• Options
    I've been to the one by Lakeside and also had a bad experience.

• Options
    Yikes!  I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  I've gone to the Lakeside location a number of times now and they've always been great to work with.  I guess I can understand though how it'd be bad this time of year.  We got DS's Christmas picture taken at the beginning of November thinking we'd beat the rush.  It was pretty packed!  I made a comment to the girl about how busy it was and she said that this was actually pretty quiet and it gets worse the closer to Christmas you get.  I can't even imagine them trying to fit in any more appointments
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were at Lakeside, I have heard Livonia is much better.  I went to a place at Macomb Mall and it was much better.  i think it was called Making Memories. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a bad experience with the lakeside one too. We were exactly 2 mins late when we walked in the door & they refused to take us.They said we had to reschedule or wait 2 1/2 hours. She said I was actually 5mins late.

They weren't apologetic at all & were actually scolding me for being late. Seriously, I'm always on time to things but I think losing your appointment over 5 minutes is ridiculous. I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever be late there especially when dealing with little ones. There wasn't even a manager there for me to talk to either. I'm still irritated about it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had 1 great experience at the Lakeside location and 1 bad experience.  The weekends there are SUPER busy, it was much better when we went during the week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that your experience wasn't what you were hoping for!  We've been twice to the Brighton PI location and had a hectic, slightly frustrating experience this past weekend that we didn't have during our first visit in June.  There was a MUCH longer wait to get into a portrait room (almost 30 minutes), view the photos (another 25 minutes), and have them printed (45 minutes), and the staff seemed frazzled.  Keep in mind that our first experience in June was an hour from check-in to pick-up of pictures and they spent FAR longer taking the pictures in June that this past weekend (only 15 minutes).  We did get great shots, but I attribute that to requesting the same gal who took our photos back in June and did a great job then.  The place was so crazy with the long wait and kids running everywhere that my husband updated his Facebook while waiting with: "Portrait Innovations or Hell?  Can't tell the difference..."  Oh, and we weren't there for Christmas shots, just regular ones for DS's 1st birthday...can't imagine the wait if we'd wanted Christmas photos too.        
  • Options
    That sucks!  I've taken C to the Livonia location for 3 mon 6 mon and 9 mon and never had any issues.  I always make the appt during the week though because I've heard it can get really rushed on the weekend.
  • Options

I was going to say I've not heard a bad thing about the Livonia location.

Then today on Facebook a mom from my mom's group posted that it was awful, her daughter wasn't in the best of moods (typical-they are kids!) and that Megan, the photographer was not patient w/her daughter. 

I would call the manager & even complain on their corporate website, they don't want the bad stuff to come out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It may be a little more expensive but I always recommend going to your local photography studio.  You usually get one on one attention and always get an actual photographer, not just someone to press the button on the camera.  More times than not you will actually end up with something more like art that you would be proud to display on your walls!  I work for a studio in Royal Oak called Orris Photography...you don't have to come all the way to Royal Oak but you can check out our website and be able to see the difference from PI. Then check out your local studios and see if they do comparable work and if the price is worth it.

Good luck!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"