Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Is your pet's name on your holiday cards?

In the years before I had a baby I put a pic of my dog(s) on our Christmas cards.  Mostly, as a joke.  We would sign the cards with the dogs names too.  Last year, DS was on the card along with the dogs - also kind of a joke and it was very cute.  This year, I'm putting DS on by himself. No dogs.

I sent DH the proof with just our names on it (no dog names). He's upset - yes upset - that I am "marginalizing the dogs" this year and he thinks I should put their names on too since they are part of the family.  I laughed at his "marginalizing the dogs" comment. HA.  But, now I'm feeling guilty about the freaking dogs! 

So, this is my long winded way of asking... do you put your pets names on your holiday cards? 

Re: Is your pet's name on your holiday cards?

• yes, teemu's name goes on everything we send out -- he *is* our first baby, after all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope.  I love my dog, but I don't sign her name to our cards.
  • Yes. Our dogs name is on the cards.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• I don't have any pets - but I would think it would be weird if you didn't put their names this year - you're going to get a lot of phone calls wondering if they died!!

My parents put the dogs name on their card. I think it's cute. 

• no.  they got bumped once we had the kid.  they are no longer top billing.
  • In your case, I would put the dog's names on them.  DH and I never did Christmas cards before this year, but I guarantee that if we would have in the past, I would have put the cat's names on them, then and now.  They were my first "babies" though and have always been spoiled rotten - and everyone knows it.

ETA:  We had friends that, prebaby, always had their dog listed.  The year the baby came along, the dog was bumped, and we said to them "Poor guy!" - they must have gotten a lot of comments, because the dog was back on the card the next year.

• Yes, always. We definitely consider our dog part of our family, both before and after DS was born.

ETA: my dog is also in the photo on the card (see last night's post), he has a stocking that is shaped him, and has a photo on the tree right next to DS's photo. I am happy to admit that we are crazy (cheesy) dog people. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope
  • nope, never have.  i think it's cheesy (my unpopular opinion).
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ahhhhhh!  ok.. guilt has gotten the best of me.  Cleo and Layla are back on.  The energy I've wasted on this is ridiculous.  I need to just order these stupid cards already! 

Thanks for the input.

• Yes. As a matter of fact, he is ON the Christmas card also.

• I didn't put their names on this year (always have in the past) and I feel so guilty about it! I decided not to put their names b/c this is the first year there hasn't been a picture of them too (I tried a million times and just never got any good ones), but I still feel bad.
  • No.
  • We don't just because not everyone knows we have a dog named Jake.  If we did that people would either think we have two kids, or one on the way. :)
  • imageMama Jan:
    nope, never have.  i think it's cheesy (my unpopular opinion).

So do I, Jan, so do I. lol.  It started as a joke and now, here I am... a big cheese ball.  Great. 

• yes...but our dog is in the picture and i use him as a therapy dog

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We put all of them on there.  We started before we had DD and haven't changed.

Confession: they also have Xmas stockings.  It started with my first pets one year that I had to spend Christmas away from family, and having them have two stockings up made mine look less lonely.  Then once I had them, it seemed funny not to put them up....then it seemed weird not to get them for the new pets...now we've become crazy pet people with more pet stockings than human ones.  They're even shaped like paws.

• imagemysticporter:

We put all of them on there.  We started before we had DD and haven't changed.

Confession: they also have Xmas stockings.  It started with my first pets one year that I had to spend Christmas away from family, and having them have two stockings up made mine look less lonely.  Then once I had them, it seemed funny not to put them up....then it seemed weird not to get them for the new pets...now we've become crazy pet people with more pet stockings than human ones.  They're even shaped like paws.

My dogs have monogrammed stockings from pottery barn. And, holiday dresses. I'm a total loser. 

• yep. all 3. this is the first year that they weren't in the photo, and i feel guilty enough about that! they have to still sign the card. hehe.
  • imagekatydid2007:

imageMama Jan:

So do I, Jan, so do I. lol.  It started as a joke and now, here I am... a big cheese ball.  Great. 

lol - well, you may as well continue being a cheese ball, right?  Wink

some of these responses make me feel like i don't *love* my pets.  because i absolutely do, and they are family.  they just don't need to send their "christmas wishes" to family and friends.  even my dog growing up who was by far my best friend in the world was never on our card.  it was too cheesy. ha! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My fish don't have names.

• imagekatydid2007:

imageMama Jan:

I think it's extremely cheesy, but I'm a big cheese ball. So yeah, his name goes on the card. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• imagekatydid2007:
    imagemysticporter:

My dogs have monogrammed stockings from pottery barn. And, holiday dresses. I'm a total loser. 

Thank you.  Insanity loves company, after all.  Smile

• imagemysticporter:
    imagekatydid2007:
    imagemysticporter:

Confession: they also have Xmas stockings.

Thank you.  Insanity loves company, after all.  Smile

Yes.  I do, and their pics are on this year's card.  Last year DH, DD & I sat in front of the fireplace in front of all our stockings, including the 2 monogrammed stockings from Pottery Barn for my cats.  =D

• last year no....but this year yes, since he is in one of the pics(we are using my siggy pic as one of the pictures on our cards)
  • I have a set of cards for my dog friends and a set for my baby friends.  Dog friends get cards with dog pics & names.  Baby friends get pics of DD on their card.  Family gets both.  Yes I am a freak.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"