Trying to Get Pregnant

AW Look What I Made

It's for my friend's holiday party tonight.  Red velvet cake.  Really kept my mind off my troubles!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW Look What I Made

• So cute!!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• YUMMY!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That looks really yummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is adorable.  I am sure it is delicious too...I love red velvet cake.
  • That's impressive!
  • Look at you little miss Suzy Homemaker.  That looks so good...I love red velvet!

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • That looks delicious!! Great job!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ohh drool... that looks so good!
  • Yum. I love Red Velvet cake. I am making my little bros cake. he wants h pitching on a pitchers mound. last year I made a baseball stadium and the year before was a bucket of crabs. 
  • imagejessalynn221:
    Yum. I love Red Velvet cake. I am making my little bros cake. he wants h pitching on a pitchers mound. last year I made a baseball stadium and the year before was a bucket of crabs. 

Do you have a picture?  This was the first time ever that I shaped the cake myself.  I really didn't think I could pull it off, but it was so easy.  I have a friend that makes the most amazing cakes.  I had a Mexican dinner last spring and she showed up with a sombrero cake.  It was beautiful.  She once even made a high heeled shoe cake in a shoe box.  She is so talented.  Her seal of approval on my xmas tree was the ultimate compliment for me!

• so creative.  I'm not a kitchen person the extent of my baking is those slice and bake cookies.
    image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC 09/09 BFP 12/03/09 1st m/c 1/8/10 @ 9w5d, baby measured 6w1d Clomid 50mg Nov 11=BFN (not monitored) Clomid 50mg Dec 11=BFN (not monitored) Clomid 50mg Jan 11=? (day 12 sono)
  • imagepumkiepoo:
    so creative.  I'm not a kitchen person the extent of my baking is those slice and bake cookies.

The problem with those is I eat all the dough before it makes it to the oven!

• Wow, that Christmas tree looks very yummy. ?I don't think I would ever be able to do that... aka I would be too lazy to attempt it ;)

And Jessalynn.. wow! ?Those are some fun cakes! ?Love the crabs.?

• imagejessalynn221:

So cool! I love them, especially the crab shack!

• Hopefully today's comes out ok. I am not too optimistic, but iI decided to buy a baseball action figure and just make a new shirt out of fondant and carve the cake to look like a baseball mound.   For the tree did you make a sheet cake an then carve it down? it is really cute!
  • imagejessalynn221:
    Hopefully today's comes out ok. I am not too optimistic, but iI decided to buy a baseball action figure and just make a new shirt out of fondant and carve the cake to look like a baseball mound.   For the tree did you make a sheet cake an then carve it down? it is really cute!

I think my pan is a half sheet.  I actually cut it into triangles, then I lopped off the tops of them so they were trapezoids.  I then lined them up and put a small triangle at the top.

• Thanks guys, The hard part is having to do a different cake each year. I did a boat the year after the Bucket of crabs, but we don't really show pictures of that one!!!
  • That looks really good!  Can I have some? Smile
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • image2006july15bride:

imagejessalynn221:
    Hopefully today's comes out ok. I am not too optimistic, but iI decided to buy a baseball action figure and just make a new shirt out of fondant and carve the cake to look like a baseball mound.   For the tree did you make a sheet cake an then carve it down? it is really cute!

I think my pan is a half sheet.  I actually cut it into triangles, then I lopped off the tops of them so they were trapezoids.  I then lined them up and put a small triangle at the top.

• My comment didn't post! I love the way you cut it. great way to minimize waste! 
  • imagejessalynn221:
    My comment didn't post! I love the way you cut it. great way to minimize waste! 

There was still a lot of excess....1/2 went into the garbage disposal and half went into my bellyEmbarrassed

• HAHA! That's the best part of carving cakes!
  • It is adorable!
  • Aw, it's so cute!  Red velvet is my #2 favorite cake ~ so yummy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Yum looks good!
  • That looks yummy. I love the little ornaments!

I have to confess, I've never had red velvet cake, but it sounds delish!

• Looks delicious! Party!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"