Baby Names
Options

Jackson - trendy?

Hey guys -

Do you think Jackson is trendy?  too trendy?  Do you think it will become MORE popular because of Michael Jackson's death? (random question, i know)

I like it because it has a good nickname - Jack, but its a little more substantial than Jack.

WDYT?

Re: Jackson - trendy?

• Options
    I know a lot of little boys either named Jack or Jackson.  It's pretty popular.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Jackson. I don't really think it is trendy but it is getting a little more popular for sure. I agree with the Jack vs. Jackson too...I love the nickname Jack but can't imagine naming my son Jack...Jackson is on our list!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

YES- way too trendy to the point I now Hate hearing the name. I don't think Michael Jackson has anything to do with it since it's been popular for the last few years. Jax and Jaxson are even worse.

Jack is very popular too but at least it is a classic name.

Maybe people should start using Johnson as a first name for something different.

Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    I like the name. It's classic. That being said I just found out my cousin named her son Jack and their last name is Jackson so his name is Jack Jackson. I do not like that.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Extremely popular in my area.  It seems like every baby boy is named Jackson now...
  • Options
    There are a lot of baby Jacksons in my area as well. I would say that it's pretty trendy, at least around here.
  • Options
    EXTREMELY trendy and it has nothing to do w/MJ;  its more cuz last names as first names seems to be the thng
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Exceptionally popular.  And I feel like I know as many little boys as I know dogs with the name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's a great name but both Jack and Jackson are SUPER popular right now (from what I've seen here especially).
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crazy trendy.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Too trendy for me. I see it on the bump several times a week, and have heard several "Jackson, come here!" out and about.

I like the classic Jack much better; I don't think adding "son" makes it more finished.

I don't know if MJ had anything to do with the popularity per se, but nevertheless, that is not a figure I would like associated with my child. Talented-yes, but also made very foolish decisions throughout his life, and I just can't shake the pervy accusations.

• Options
    I love the name Jack... can't stand Jackson.  Jackson is VERY trendy around where I live.  I would use Jack if it fit with my last name. 
    ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Options

Well Jack itself is a nickname for John. So you could name your child john and call him Jack. Thats where Jack came from.

Yes, Its trendy.

• Options

Jack & Jackson are very trendy.  To the point that I can't stand the names.  John/Jack are family names in my household, and I am so upset that I can't use the name because every time I hear them it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Literally, everywhere I go I hear the name Jack or Jackson. 

• Options
    Jackson is not very popular or trendy where I live anymore.  It's kind of over and done with.  It's NMS and I actually think Jack is a much stronger name than Jackson.  Jack is classic.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSawyerplus1:
    Yeah, I think it's a great name but both Jack and Jackson are SUPER popular right now (from what I've seen here especially).

First I would like the say that Jackson will be our boy's first name. I LOVE this name. Secondly, in response to the comment I quoted, this site is the only place I have seen or heard that this name is overused or popular. I don't know any Jacksons or anyone planning to use this name (other than us). I really think that even if it is popular, so long as it is not overly popular in your area it shouldn't matter.

• Options

I very much like the name Jackson, and although it is very popular right now, I think of it as a classic name.  I have a great uncle named Jackson and he is close to 90 yo. 

• Options
    Very popular and god I hope it has nothing to do with creepy Micheal.
  • Options
    Jackson is a very strong name.
  • Options
    Both Jackson & Jack are pretty popular, but I still really like them.  I say if you like a name, who cares whether it's too trendy or not.  It wouldn't stop me from using the name.
  • Options
    i have a Jaxon :)
  • Options
    jackson is trendy- why not just go with jack?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jackson is on the top of my boy's name list. i love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"