Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Children's Christmas Parade

Is anyone going on Saturday.  Have you gone before, is it hectic.  The only parade I'm use to is the Thanksgiving Parade in NYC and you couldn't pay me to go to it.

Re: Children's Christmas Parade

• Oh, it's one of my life long dreams to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

We went to the Children's Parade when DSD was 4 and had a great time. Just get there early b/c it does get crowded. I wish we could go this year but I can't do a lot of walking. I nearly died yesterday just walking Northpark Mall.

• imagenybride0705:
    Is anyone going on Saturday.  Have you gone before, is it hectic.  The only parade I'm use to is the Thanksgiving Parade in NYC and you couldn't pay me to go to it.

Definitely get there early as parking can be a biznatch once they close the parade route, and they do that VERY early.  It does get crowded very fast - it's a big tradition in Dallas - so going early is always a good idea. 

• Loading the player...
  • We go every year but we get to park in my moms parking garage. You have to get there at least an hr before it starts to get a good view of the parade. The only thing I'm not sure about is parking, which I hear is rough.
  • I heard on the radio that it is going to be CRAZY this year b/c Selena Gomez is going to be performing.  All the tickets (bleachers) are sold out.  They are recommending getting there at 7am (parade is at 10).  If you go, bundle up and good luck!
  • I live downtown and have never actually gotten a good seat for the parade.  I'm just not committed enough to sit outside for 2 or 3 hours before the parade starts to guarantee a seat.  I'm sure it will be plenty crowded, because it certainly was last year, and that's w/o Selena Gomez!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"