Los Angeles Babies
Options

Possibly moving to Riverside...

My family and  I may have a chance to move to Riverside.  Can anyone give me your opinions on the area?  Is it family friendly, whats the weather like, overall living environment, etc?  

TIA! 

Re: Possibly moving to Riverside...

• Options
    Riverside is in the "inland empire" you may want to ask that board for more info.  I'm not too familiar with the area, good luck!
  • Options

Hi there, I don't actually live in Riverside, however I live about 15 mins away in the city of Corona. Riverside is a HUGE city and it is very very diverse. There are VERY nice areas of Riverside, but there are many areas that may not be as "family friendly." Riverside has the typical Southern California weather, hot in the summer (could get up to 112 degrees) and cool in the winter (usually doesn't get below 60 during the days). Areas of Riverside are very old and run down, however the newer areas are awesome! There is a pretty nice shopping mall in town, but the streets can be congested a lot of times. Parts of Riverside are off of the 91 freeway and the 91 freeway is a MESS. Lots of traffic.

My husband and I actually looked into moving to Riverside because housing was so cheap, but decided it was too far from South Orange County which is where my family lives.

I think the opinion of the city really depends on where you are coming from. If you are coming from a small town, you may be overwhelmed. Although if you are coming from a busy city, you should fit right in.

Again, it really all depends on what area of Riverside you plan on moving too. Mockingbird Canyon is BEAUTIFUL.

Hope this helps =) and good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually grew up there and have to say its not the best area! If you are moving there just becareful as to which part. O lived off Madison which wasn't horrible but wasn't great!!! We moved to Murrieta which was beautiful and a great place to raise a fam but then my husbands Jobs led us to LA. Good luck whatever you choose
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"