Texas Babies

Hello Texas girls! I'm here!

Hey, I haven't been on the bump in forever, but we made the move from Alaska to San Antonio and are getting settled in.

Wanted to see if there are any get togethers or anything going on in the area? I need a place to meet some mommies and get out of the house! I am so bored and going crazy with my son all day at home. I am thisclose to wanting to go back to work, just so I have som structure to my day!

anyway, hopefully will visit more often now that we're getting settled a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello Texas girls! I'm here!

• Wow, what a change for you to come here from Alaska!  How are you adapting? LOL!

We haven't really had any play dates b/c half of us work and coordinating events around everyone's sleep/eat schedules has been tough.  But a couple of us have joined a MOPS group.  There are a few in town you can look into.  You can also take your son to story time at the library every week to get out of the house.  There are other moms and kiddos there too.  I don't know what side of town you live on, but here is the library web site.  You can click on the library closest to you and look at their story time schedule.

https://mysapl.org/locations.aspx

good luck!!

• I have been lurking the san antonio board hoping for a get to gether but havent seen any being planned.  I'd be more than happy if you and some others would like to try to set something up.  I do work mon-fri but i have weekends off.  my sister lives in the dc/baltimore area and they do lots of get togethers and she says it is alot of fun.  would love to do it also!

• Loading the player...
  • pkate- I'm adapting! I'm from Houston, but we were stationed in AK for the last 3 years so I am LOVING San Antonio! Shopping, resturants and no sub zero temps is fantastic! I wanted to look into MOPS. I am trying to look for some events with my church also. We are attending Oak Hills. I live on I guess the west/southwest side. 1604 and potranco area.

Thanks for the libary info! I'll definetly be checking into that!

• imageSarahTx5701:

pkate- I'm adapting! I'm from Houston, but we were stationed in AK for the last 3 years so I am LOVING San Antonio! Shopping, resturants and no sub zero temps is fantastic! I wanted to look into MOPS. I am trying to look for some events with my church also. We are attending Oak Hills. I live on I guess the west/southwest side. 1604 and potranco area.

Sarah!!!! I go to Oak Hills as well!!!!!! I am staying at home but stay pretty busy during the week. we neeeeed to get together!

• imageDelGrecoBride:
    imageSarahTx5701:

pkate- I'm adapting! I'm from Houston, but we were stationed in AK for the last 3 years so I am LOVING San Antonio! Shopping, resturants and no sub zero temps is fantastic! I wanted to look into MOPS. I am trying to look for some events with my church also. We are attending Oak Hills. I live on I guess the west/southwest side. 1604 and potranco area.

Sarah!!!! I go to Oak Hills as well!!!!!! I am staying at home but stay pretty busy during the week. we neeeeed to get together!

I go to Oak Hills too... but I'm not a weekly attender :)

• I bet our kiddos are in the same class!

If you guys were there Sunday, Alex was kicked out! Our name was on the lovely screen for all to see, the second we stopped singing! Oh well....2 out of 3 isn't bad!

He's getting better! We usually go to the 10am service.

We all need to get together!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"