Maryland Babies
Options

Preggers in the MD summer?

We're trying to decide whether to start TTC this coming cycle, which would give us a September-ish baby, which would mean I'd be in my 3rd trimester in the Maryland heat... any moms around here care to weigh in on summer pregnancies? Is it awful? If we don't get pregnant this cycle we're not going to try again for about 6 months (trying to time it so we don't have a fall or winter baby since EVERYONE in our families has fall/winter birthdays!) We're pretty anxious and I'd love to not have to wait another 6 months.

Re: Preggers in the MD summer?

• Options

How exciting!  Just wanted to wish you luck! 

I got PG in June and just wore one size bigger clothes through almost October when I popped.  It was nice since flowy tops and dresses are easy in the summer and for pregnancy and I was not very uncomfortable at all...except for my massive bloating at that time!  Plus you can wear flip flops when your feet will be swollen toward the end of your pregnancy and take advantage of being able to hop into a pool to feel better.  However, with that said, we planned to have a winter/spring baby because I did not want to be VERY PG in the summer as I am always hot and I hate sweating.  I am sure other mommies will chime in with their thoughts on being PG in the MD summer. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I wasn't very big in the summer, about six-seven months pregnant, but I would never want to be um 9 months pregnant in August. Depending on the year we could experience a very hot summer and then maybe a very mild summer. It was nice to wear flip flops during the summer. Good luck with ttc!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my 1st in Aug of 06. I was absolutely miserable! I swelled ALOT and very early on but that was due to pre-e. It took us 17 months to get pg with #2 and it worked out great. She was due in April so I didnt have to suffer through the summer.

I agree with the flip flops!! That is def a plus. Although I wore flip flops in March with #2. 

• Options

I just had my son August of this year.  While I appear to be in the minority, I didn't think being 9 months pregnant in August was too bad and I had him on the 28th.  I just tried to focus on the end result whenever I was overwhelmed.  

I had swelling of my feet and ankles, but I just wore flips flops and slip on shoes.  I also wore skirts and dresses to work.  It wasn't bad at all.  We have central air.  I also do a lot of driving and home visits for my job and I was okay.  I worked until the 26th of August, called out the 27th b/c of cramps and went into labor that night around 9pm.  

Personally, I wouldn't let the seasons or a calendar dictate when I get pregnant.  But that's just me.  Good luck with whatever decision you make! 

• Options

I had DS in September of 08(he was due in August). I'm in the minority as well. I was very comfortable in my 3rd trimester. Think about it. You can wear tank tops and flip flops. It doesn't get more comfortable than that :)

Seriously though, my feet got bigger in the 3rd trimester and those flip flops were a life saver. I think how comfortable you are being pregnant in the summer depends on how you handle hot weather normally. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

One pregnancy, I was in my first tri during the summer.  Not fun, b/c I was really sick.  One pregnancy, I was in my third tri during the summer.  Not fun, b/c it was really hard to move my big self around.  In both cases, being in the pool was the BEST!  However, I also wouldn't be a huge fan of having a newborn during the hottest part of the summer, b/c it would limit my time outside, and I really like walking with a baby.  Being stuck in the house stinks.

• Options
    imagemommyaug06:

I had my 1st in Aug of 06. I was absolutely miserable! I swelled ALOT and very early on but that was due to pre-e. It took us 17 months to get pg with #2 and it worked out great. She was due in April so I didnt have to suffer through the summer.

I agree with the flip flops!! That is def a plus. Although I wore flip flops in March with #2. 

I wore flip flops almost my entire pregnancy even up until I had her in October. LOL! 

• Options
    I had my LO 13 days late on September 22,2009! So my 3rd trimester was June, July, August, September of this year!  I was lucky that we didnt have a sweltering HOT summer, or overly humid. But I will say it was AMAZING wearing flip flops the whole time, tank tops, and shorts or yoga pants. I was very comfortable, and didnt really sweal (just watched my salt intake, drank TONS of water, and made sure I put my feet up EVERY NIGHT for an hour) I hope you get to have your LO soon! good luck TTC!!!!
  • Options
    O yeah, I'm from baltimore so it was the MD summer you're asking about!
  • Options

I was in my second trimester over the summer.  I don't really think I felt any warmer than usual.  The best part was wearing flip flops.  I didn't start getting swollen until about September.  I was swollen until about mid October.

The plus side of being pregnant in the fall and winter is your body temperature is higher so you don't need coats and sweaters when others are wearing them.  Let me clarify, I have been alternating between 2 cardigans the past month or so.  I have had no desire to put on a coat or a sweater.  The worst part about being pregnant in teh fall/winter is SHOES!!!  My mom found a black pair of crocs for me because I can't fit my feet in normal shoes.

• Options
    I had my baby on September 15th and I was super miserable in late July until I gave birth. I would not want to be that prego in summer again. I'd choose to deliver between December and May next time. That being said, September is a great time for a birthday, there's usually nice weather so I comforted myself thinking about my baby's future outdoor birthday parties. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"