Last fall DD1 tested positive for a peanut allergy. 2 weeks ago we had her annual follow up and both her skin test and blood work were NEGATIVE for a peanut allergy! Our next step is going back in to challenge the allergy. We go into the clinic (which is in Duke hospital) and they give DD small amounts of peanut butter over the course of an hour. If she can tolerate 2 tablespoons over the hour there is no allergy. The good news is she will be very closely monitored over the hour and we will be with a nurse who could administer an Epi pen if it got to that and we'd be at the hospital if things got really bad. This would be such a huge weight off of our shoulders.
(Also, my blood pressure is back to normal and I am off the meds to keep it down. Only thing is I still have my black eye... who knew they took so long to go away!)
Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers... I really can't thank you all enough.