Stay at Home Moms

The SAHM Book Club Weekly Check-In

Hi everyone,

As always, please go to the spreadsheet and check your info for accuracy:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pP-G753WjUy5mJcfocJFlMg&output=html

Be sure you check the tabs at the bottom of the Google Spreadsheet for the "Recommendations" tab if you are looking for something to read! 

**Reply to this post with any corrections/additions!!!**

For anyone who'd like to participate in these weekly check-ins and join our Google Document Tracker, reply to this post with:

*Your 2009 reading goal ("X" number of books you will read this year)

*How many books you have read so far

*What you are currently reading

*Any books you'd like to recommend

Thanks, Read2Me for the Top 100 Free Online Books:

https://www.bestcollegesonline.com/blog/2009/03/31/100-free-online-books-everyone-should-read/ 

Thanks, MrsNemitz for the Literature Map:

https://www.literature-map.com/ 

Thanks, Andrea11 for this Chick Lit Author Listing:

https://www.chicklitclub.com/authorsa.html

Thanks, Drunkenwife for the following lists:

Notable Books
The Reading List: Best Adult Genre Fiction
Best Books for Young Adults
Alex Awards
Great Graphic Novels for Teens
Notable Children's Books
Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
Rainbow List
Notable Children's Videos
Notable Children's Recordings
Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
Notable Videos for Adults

Newbery Medal
Newbery Honor
Caldecott Medal
Caldecott Honor
Printz Award
Printz Honor
Sibert Medal
Sibert Honor
Coretta Scott King Award
Coretta Scott King Honor
Pura Belpre Award
Pura Belpre Honor
Stonewall Award
Stonewall Honor
Odyssey Award
Odyssey Honor
Carnegie Medal

Happy Reading!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: The SAHM Book Club Weekly Check-In

• Can you believe there are only 31 more days in 2009?!?!?  Crazy!

I am so close to finishing Comfort Food, I can't wait to see how it ends, it's been really great!  And, I am 1 book away from my goal for the year.  Woot!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Yay on being so close to your goal! You will definitely make it before year end Smile. Would it be lame if I asked to lower my book goal? I think I can get to 40, but don't know about 50. Even at 40, I think I may be pushing my luck. Fingers crossed, and I will do more reading than nesting when I have some free time Stick out tongue

I haven't finished any new ones since last week, but I am reading Catcher in the Rye. I had never read it, and felt it was one I should add to my list. I knew it was quasi-controversial, but didn't know much else about it. It is definitely not what I was expecting! Can't wait to see what all happens in it.

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on nearing your goal! You will make it :)

I finished Briar Rose and am now reading Sherlock Holmes Mysteries.

Briar Rose was the first book in a long time that made me cry. It is listed as Juvenile Fiction and I had bought it when I took an Adolescent Fiction class in college but we never read it. It is very mature, though, in its content and talk of the Holocaust.

• I finished True Darcy Spirit and Barefoot over Thanksgiving vacation.  I'm now reading Jimmy Buffett's Salty Piece of Land.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I am still working on What is the What, which is great so far.  We're moving to our new home next weekend, then my parents and brother will be visiting for Christmas, so that's probably my last book for the year.  If I finish it, I will have made my goal!  It's the first time in a long time that I will have read 25 books in a year, and I truly do love reading, just haven't made time for it lately.  I really want to thank Mrs.Shavers and all you ladies for inspiring me to read more!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I finished Ask Again Later - meh.  Just ok.

Now I'm reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin.  I've never read her books before and I'm enjoying this one.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"