Pennsylvania Babies

I'm late...

3 days late, to be exact.

I have regular 29-day cycles (they've been like this the last several months) and this month, AF didn't show when I expected her to.

We are trying, so I'm excited she's not here.

However, I tested Thursday and again today, and both BFN's. :(  I've got absolutely no cramping like I always get (I can usually feel her coming a week ahead af time), but no other real symptoms either.  I'm positive I O'd ontime based on checking my CM as TCOYF suggests.  (I don't have the discipline to temp yet lol).

How late have you ladies gotten BFPs?  Hoping you'll all keep your fingers crossed for some sticky baby dust for me...

Re: I'm late...

• I hate to say it, but you can't be "positive" that you O'd on time based on your CM.  The only way you can be positive that you did in fact O is by temping, and without that, it's all just a guess, no matter how telling you believe your CM to be.  I'm sure you also know that no matter how regular your cycles are, a wacky odd one isn't unheard of and happens often to women, which could attribute for your lateness.  If your BFP is on the way this month, you could easily still get BFNs even when you think you're already late if you O'd later than you believed (putting you at fewer DPO than you believe), but again - without temps, there's no way to tell other than to keep testing or wait for your period to start.  Typically, by the time you're officially late for your period, just about any test - FRER, digital, online cheapie, $ store test, etc. - will show a positive because you're generally enough DPO to have a substantial amount of HCG in your system.

Honestly, you're already doing half the work of charting by tracking your CM - if this isn't your cycle, adding in temping would be a really easy, quick method to take all of the mystery out of things and prevent you from being in this situation of wondering again.  Here's hoping that it won't be necessary and you'll get your BFP in the next few days, but otherwise - food for thought! :)  Lots of luck to you!

• By now you probably either got a BFP or AF, but I thought I'd post my experience just so you didn't feel like you were the only one.  I went off BC about 9 months before we started TTC.  During that time I didn't take my temps, but did start paying attention to my cycle length and CM.  I had clockwork 28 day cycles for those 9 months.  We used condoms as our form of BC during that time (I only mention this because I think it might be relevant).  The first month of TTC, my cycle was 32 days and the next cycle was 33 days.  Nothing was different otherwise, so I'm not sure what the story was, but you can make your own guesses.  I got pregnant the 3rd month trying thinking (based on CM) that we had completely missed the window that month.  I must have O'd later than I thought based on the CM alone.  My point is if you really want to know what's going on, I would recommend temping.  Hopefully you're pregnant and this is irrelevant!  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting my BFP this month.  I've got horrific cramping and some spotting, so I think AF is well on her way.  Bummer.

But thanks for the story!  I'm looking forward to trying again this month (though, the fun of being pregnant would be overshadowed by my sister being pregnant and my parents drooling all over her since she'll have the first grandkid, even though she's nowhere near ready to have a kid).

34 day cycle! Phew!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"