Georgia Babies

Sick of feeling sick

I am so grateful to have made it to 19 weeks with a healthy baby growing inside of me, but please oh please Lord give me some relief from the all day morning sickness. I am sick of feeling hungover and on the verge of barfing 24-7! TheZofran is not working...all I want is to be able to see a wendys commercial or read a menu and not feel the urge to run to the bathroom! Please tell me the end is in sight... I feel silly for complaining but am really ready to start eating again. Thanks for listening.

Re: Sick of feeling sick

• UGH! I am so sorry that the zofran is not helping. I hope you get past this part quickly. I hated feeling like that. Hang in there!
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • reading this makes me feel ill, I'm SO sorry for you cuz I know how bad it seriously sucks.  I'm so sorry the zofran isn't working, have you tried phenergan???  phenergan helped me the first time around but not the second and zofran kept me from throwing up all day versus just a few times a day.  LOL!  hang in there and I hope that it passes soon for you!!  hugs!
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr said I could try phenergan but then proceeded to tell me that they don't recommend me taking it while working or driving cause it can cause drowsiness.  So they said it was really only recommended to take before bed, and I'm OK while I sleep....did it make you drowsy or light headed?
  • oh geez Molly that is awful.  I would be complaining too if I was 19 weeks and still felt that way.  Sorry I hope you get relief very soon!
  • I'm sorry Molly! I completely understand. Mine never let up..but as you well know it was well worth it!  xoxo
  • Oh this is terrible and i totally know the feeling.

Zofran worked best for me....didn't cut out the vomits completely...just cut it down to 3x a day.  Which was fabulous compared to what it was.

Phenergan probably worked the same, but it made me very sleepy.  At least with Zofran, I could function.

I forget what the other concoction was that i took, but that didn't work either.

My dr. did say to take Vitamin B6 and a half of unisom to help with it too.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• oh yes, phenergan makes you so sleepy, I forgot that part!  I only took it before bedtime with finn.  ditto kerrin, I took a B vitamin along with my prenatal and then eventually I also started taking iron but that was because I became anemic (probably from all the barfing) and a glass of OJ and that is when things started to get better, but that also wasn't until 24/26 weeks.
  • Thanks for the encouragement, maybe I will try an additional B6 supplement, I appreciate it!
  • I am so sorry--hope you feel better ASAP!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry!  I was hoping you were feeling better by this point.  I hope it lets up soon and you get some relief!

Oh and I love your new siggy-too cute!

• imageKerrin:

My dr. did say to take Vitamin B6 and a half of unisom to help with it too.

I used this concoction in the morning and I had much success.  Wonderful concoction!  Although, by the time I got to work I the sleeping pill kicked in but it was better to feel a little sleepy that to feel like I was going to puke.  I also put saltine crackers on my nightstand and ate 2 crackers before I got out of bed.  That helped my stomach from being quesy first thing in the morning.  Good Luck and I hope the m/s lets up.

• I was sick all the time too..The words of encouragement were very thoughtful but didn't alleviate any of my symptoms. Try mommy-to-be teas, I found them at the farmers market. They have ginger and peppermint that really helped me. Also, crystalized ginger, mango, and papya helped. I hope that can relieve some illness. Keep me posted on it, I hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"