Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

A genetic dr told me something interesting....

He said that if you take a child's height at age 2 and then double it, you will come up with the height they will be as a full grown adult.

(I don't know anyone with a two year old, so I thought I would pass this tidbit on to ya'll. Big Smile)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A genetic dr told me something interesting....

• Options

it's very accurate if the child has a "normal" upbringing and birth, healthwise.

I've had spine docs say  the same thing.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    I read that somewhere.  She is going to be a shorty like me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom told me the same thing. We measured DD on her 2nd birthday and it looks like she is going to be exactly my height when she is full grown.

• Options

I have heard that several places before and wondered about its accuracy.  I didn't know if it was just on old wives tale or what.  Very interesting that you heard it from a doc. 

DS was 37" at his 2 year visit.  Which, if my math is correct, indicates he will be 6' 2".  I would love that!

• Options
    yeah, the boys are all about 34-34.5" tall right now, so that would make them about 5'8" or 5'9" when they're adults. not surprising, since i'm 5'10" but DH is 5'5".
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Yikes!  DD will be 6 foot tall!  I'm a shorty but my Dad, brother, and DH are tall so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Given this math, DS will be 6'4.  Kind of funny since I'm 5'6 and DH is 5'8.  All the guys in my family are over 6 feet, though, so it's not too outrageous.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard this before.  DD just turned 2 on Saturday so I was going to "file away" in my mommy brain what her height was just for fun.
  • Options
    I chalk it up to *sort of* an OWT. I have yet to find a dr. who'll actually confirm. I think in general, it's actually fairly accurate, but it can be off. DD's height at her 2-year made her 5'11" at adult height. I highly doubt she'll be that tall- maybe 5'8" or so, but I don't think taller. I'm 5'6" and DH is just over 6'.
  • Options

I've heard this too. DD would be about 5'4 (which Dh and I are both 5'7 so thats probably pretty accurate).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our pedi said the same thing. That'd make my DD about 5'4" when she's grown up, which is probably right since both of our families are short.
  • Options
    I've heard that before too.  That means DD would be 5'8" which would make sense since DH and I are both 5'8".
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have heard the same thing!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yikes -- if true, DD will be 6'!!  Doubtful given family history -- figuring she'll be somewhere around 5'6"-5'9" though. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    My mom heard this when I was little too. So she measured me at two. I should have been 5'4". I had Ritalin while growing up, which stunts your growth. I am now 5'1". So it is pretty true.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've heard that, but I really don't want DD to be 6ft as an adult. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    this would make DS like 6' 4 1/2" yikes!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"