Cincinnati Babies
Options

Urrrgh. Really rough 24 hours.

DD has been sick for a week now.  Respiratory symptoms and low grade temp last week, inconsolable crying and fussiness last Wednesday prompting an afterhours trip to CH Urgent Care.  Better by the weekend. 

Until last night....after four days on antibiotics, and she spiked a temp of 103.9.  Motrin alternated with Tylenol every 3 hours, and 102.6 is as low as it goes.  We took her to the pedi, and I have had to call them back twice.  H1N1 negative/no flu.  No explanation.  Ears look good, lungs clear.  It's viral or possibly roseola (going around like gangbusters right now...time will tell).  Nothing we can do except give the meds and take temps around the clock. 

We are real close to having to take her into CHMC ER because the meds are not working as well to get the temp down.  I even tried a coolish bath, and her temp went UP afterward.   I am nervous, and just want the damn fever to go away.  So I am the night shift...DH gets the morning shift.  We sit and wait...and in an hour we will know if the meds are still not helping...and a trip to the ER.  I just needed to vent because I don't know what else I can do.

She has never really been sick.  Nothing.  No ear problems etc.  I am making up for lost time on having to call the pedi after hours.   Urrrgh!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Urrrgh. Really rough 24 hours.

• Options
    My nephew showed the same signs and symptoms as you described above.  He was also negative for the H1N1/flu.  They ended up taking him to the ER.  He was really dehydrated so they gave him some fluids....finally his temp started to go down. 
  • Options
    I am excited to hear it wasn't anything too serious.  DD will still drink for us...as long as it is juice (figures) and nothing else.  She has had lots of liquid and is still peeing.  She doesn't eat much.  Thank you for letting me know that he was ok quickly.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, it was really scary but he was okay once he got enough fluids.  That's good that she is drinking juice for you.  I wonder what the heck it is?  Even the docs in the ER weren't sure with my nephew.
  • Options

Good luck!!! I hope she feels better! Keep us posted!

• Options
    They have no idea, but they said they have seen less flu cases, but a ton of viruses that look like flu with really high temps for 3-4 days.  Roseola is another possibility, but that ends with a rash.  Time will tell.  I just want the fever to go away.

• Options
    I hope she gets better soon and yhou get some answers!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    Poor baby!  That sounds A LOT like Mason's roseola experience - he never acted sick at all except for the fever.  Of course we didn't know what it was until the rash came.  Hope she gets better soon!
  • Options
    Good Luck and let us know how she is doing later! Lots of prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    I think it sounds a lot like roseola too. Let us know what you find out!

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    Nora had roseola and was inconsolable too. She spiked a 105 degree fever for a couple days. About a day or so after the fever went away, the rash showed up. I hope you get some answers soon. Take care!
  • Options
    Poor Brenna (and mommy and daddy)!  I hope she is feeling better soon! 
  • Options
    101.9 this morning!  And I am so excited to see it under 102 for awhile.  She is playing a little this morning too.  I hate medicating her every three hours, but that is what it is taking to keep her comfortable.  Go away bug.

• Options
    I am glad Brenna is feeling a little better this morning.  I hope you find out soon what is going on and it goes away!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hope she's on the mend! We just went through our first real fever sickness, it was not enjoyable.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options

Ava went through this exact same thing last year.  She was running a 104-105 temp for over a week, and all the nurses at her (former) pedi's office kept acting like "geez why is this woman freaking out?"  They chalked it up to being something viral and wanted to let her ride it out.  If it had gone on for another 24-48 hours or something like that, they were going to start bloodwork, but the fever broke right before that happened.  They also thought it sounded a lot like roseola, but she never developed a rash.

I hope it's nothing more than that for Miss Brenna, and if it something more serious, I hope it reveals itself soon and you get some answers so she can get better!  Hang in there!  I know it is rough!  Give your baby a hug from all of us!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options

hugs

How is she doing this morning?

• Options
    I keep checking in for an update.  Is everything still going better today?  Hope you guys get some answers soon.  So scary when the little ones are sick like that!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJLPT830:
    I keep checking in for an update.  Is everything still going better today?  Hope you guys get some answers soon.  So scary when the little ones are sick like that!

Thanks for asking!  She is a little better today, but we have to medicate her with alternating Tylenol or Motrin every three hours.  I tried to stretch it out longer, and the temp went back up to 103.6.  The chills she gets are the scariest thing to see.  As soon as the temp breaks a bit, she gets so cold and shivery.  I hate that.  We still haven't seen a temp much under 102 even with the meds, but she looks better, ate some lunch, and played a bit.  She is napping now, which is great since she hasn't slept a whole lot.  The whole thing has me puzzled, but there is not much we can do but ride it out.  Not a great start to my week of vacation....  But, I don't mind holding her 24/7 if that is what she needs.

• Options
    Gosh.. Im so sorry that you & Brenna are going through this. I hope she continues to feel better... Sending healthy (non fever ish) thoughts your way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"