High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD meal plans.. Come on in

I'm stumped and bored. I eat the same like 4 things. I need to change it up or I won't make it.

Things I eat

Breakfast, 3/4 cup of Golden Grams, and 1/2 cup of skim milk

Snack, Half an apple with peanut butter

Lunch,  progessive soup

snack  - peanuts

Dinner - chicken and broccoli.

What are you eating?  I'm so bored, so hungry.  I hate this.  :( 50 days to go... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD meal plans.. Come on in

• Options

I'm way bored too! Often for breakfast I eat Lite and Fit yogurt mixed with high protein Kashi cereal.  I eat mass quantities of Jello sugar free pudding and jello.  I also eat a lot of South Beach high protein granola bars.  I like you eat soup for lunch almost every day and dinner is a joke, but one thing I've found that makes me happy is Carls Jr, low-carb burger-basically a cheese burger wrapped in lettuce instead of buns.

Hope that helps!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

i can't have milk or fruit until after 12 pm.  the dietician told me it's harder for the body to break that stuff down in the morning.  i can no longer have fruit juice or regular soda the rest of the pregnancy.

for breakfast i usually have 1 scrambled egg (i make it in the microwave so i don't have scramble an egg before work) and a slice of toast w/pb

morning snack - english muffin w/pb or some other carb w/cheese stick and some almonds

lunch - sandwich w/a pudding.  i've also been on my favorite eat out websites like chic fil a and tailor what i can eat.  also, some pasta w/turkey sausage too

afternoon snack - yogurt w/almonds.  since i can't eat fruit til after 12, i long for my yogurt big time...and it taste soooo good

dinner - lean cuisine or pasta w/tukey sausage.  i actually have been forgoing the sauce when i have the sausage with it.  i also sometimes just melt cheese on the pasta.  sometimes have a sandwich or again, if i go out to eat, i research what i can eat.

evening snack - popcorn or 1/2 cup of icecream with almonds.  sometimes i'll eat a scoop of pb

hope that helps ya.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No wonder you're bored -- I can't imagine being full on what you described. Have you talked to the dietician to see what ideas they have? When I was pregnant my usual meals were these type of things:

Breakfast: 1 low carb tortilla, 2 tbsp of FF soft cream cheese, two slices of ham or turkey, a slice or two of cheese. I'm allergic to eggs so I avoided them or could choke down some egg whites as a last resort. Open faced low carb egg mcmuffin with egg whites, half of a low carb english muffin, cheese, ham. Peanut butter on a whole wheat waffle. 

Snacks: Mix and match of one or two of these items... Apple with peanut butter, cheese slices, South Beach Diet bars (peanut butter!), 3/4c sliced strawberries with a few spoonfuls of SF Cool Whip, 1c skim milk, low sugar/low carb yogurt (sometimes I'd freeze it to get it slushy, tasted great).

Lunch & Dinner: Chefs salad (avacado, chicken, dressing, romaine lettuce, cheese, diced bacon, cucumbers, sprouts, carrots, etc), a sandwich on thin sandwich breads (Orawheat & Sara Lee make them), sliced veggies (broccoli, cucumbers, carrots) with ranch dressing, open faced burgers, 3/4c egg noodles with veggies and grilled sausage,.

I was able to make dining out work with GD as well - its about making smart choices (grilled instead of fried, veggies or a salad instead of fries, avoiding trigger foods which in my case were tortillas and rice).

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options

My favorite - you may have seen it floating around.

Taco Chili

1lb ground beef or ground turkey

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (lower carb and higher fiber than other beans)

1 can corn, drained

2 lg cans diced tomatoes with juices

1 pkt ranch dressing

1pkt taco seasoning

Brown meat, drain grease. Put taco seasoning over the top (no water or anything.) Stir to coat.

Put all canned items in crock pot, add meat, add ranch dressing pkt last. Stir, heat on low 6-8hrs stirring as you can - ALSO works on stove top, just heat through.

Sides: salad, a few taco chips

Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese

Alternative: once heated, add 1/2 brick of Velveeta cubed, heat to melt and stir.

Carbs: 2 ladles, about 2c. = 45g carb approx.

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been in love with Morningstar original veggie burgers.  They have 3 carbs and 18 grams of protein.  I eat them on light wheat bread (13 carbs in two slices and 70 calories)  SO GOOD!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSandyGirl424:

Breakfast, 3/4 cup of Golden Grams, and 1/2 cup of skim milk

Snack, Half an apple with peanut butter

Lunch,  progessive soup

snack  - peanuts

Dinner - chicken and broccoli.

As PP said, my OB/Endo told me no juice/fruit/dairy/cereal for breakfast. U suppose if your # are okay it works for you, but that may not be the best choice? Also, 30g is usually the max for breakfast - I can't imagine that you are within that, and cripes I'd be hungry 10 minutes later if that was my breakfast.

I am all about eating lots - and to stay full you want protein at each meal too.

AM snack - good!

Lunch - lots of sodium in soup, unless you are getting the low sodium stuff, but even still. With GD you are at higher risk for high blood pressure - you might want to consider having that some days and not others. I love big salads for lunches, with meat, cheese, hard boiled egg, lots of veggies and then a breadstick on the side or slice of bread.

Snack - Again, the sodium. I like light string cheese, low sugar granola bars, low sugar pudding or sugar free jello with a bit of cool whip on top. Yum! Yogurt is good too - good calcium.

Dinner - see my chili recipe. I like to have meat, veggie, and a bit of starch (I don't usually have a starchy veggie or at least don't have 2, like green beans and a baked potato vs. corn and potato.) You don't have ANY carb at dinner??? Is there a reason??

PM snack - this helps a LOT of people with their fasting #'s!! High protein with a bit of carb. Do you not have one for a reason?

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was able to eat cottage cheese and fruit in the morning. Also oatmeal. I ate a lot of lean cuisines for lunch. I could also eat turkey or tuna sandwiches. Dinner was usually chicken, sometimes beef, and a small carb (brown rice, whole wheat pasta). Sugar free Jello is a free food. I ate a lot of that with the spray can whipped cream on top. I also ate a lot of peanut butter and crackers. Hang in there, it'll all be worth it when you meet your LO!
  • Options

Brkfst (15g) - high protein granola bar OR eggs and LC toast

Snacks (30g) - cheese & crackers OR cottage cheese & fruit OR sf pudding and milk OR sf cookies and milk OR banana & milk OR latte OR ice cream (usually at bedtime)

Lunch (50g) PB on wheat toast (OR tuna on wheat OR grilled cheese on wheat), apple, milk

Dinner (50g) - cheeseburger, handful fries OR couple slices THIN pizza, salad OR wheat pasta w/meat sauce, salad

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm pg with twins, so I may be allowed a bit more of everything to meet my daily goal of 2400 calories. The one thing I learned quickly is to actually measure and count out the grams of carbs rather than use servings. Look at the nutrition content on the food and you may be able to eat more.  E.g. the bread I had was 18g of carbs per slice. I then found a brand (Nature's Own) that only has 10g per slice.

I only drink milk (counting the grams of carbs) or water with all snacks and meals.  

Breakfast:  Kellogg's Fruit Harvest cereal (3/4 cup), 8 oz. 2% milk, 1 oz. sliced almonds, and 1 egg or 1 slice of bacon

Lunch: ham or roast beef sandwich (2 oz) with slice of cheese (1 oz), Sun Chips Cheddar Harvest (1 oz.), salad, raw carrots with ranch

Dinner: chicken or pork chops or lean burger, brown rice, salad, broccoli, or quiche with whole wheat toast.

Snacks: hummus (2 T.) with Parmesan flavored whole wheat triscuits, slice of whole wheat bread with 1 T. peanut butter + 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce, string cheese + peanuts or cashews, Ritz whole wheat crackers (7) with summer sausage (2 oz) and cheese (1oz), Kix (3/4 cup) + 4oz. milk + 1 T. peanut butter on whole wheat toast, I've also had 1/2 sandwich with Sun Chips.

• Options
    I do want to add that its important to eat balanced meals. Having GD does not mean that it is a no carb diet. Its important to balance carbs, fat, and meat. Are you seeing a dietician for intake recommendations?
  • Options

breakfast - same every day  :o(

a few slices of cheddar

5 Melba crackers w/peanut butter (12 g carb)

diabetic yogurt (3g carb)

snack - string cheese w/almonds

lunch - some variety

low carb pita (8g carb)

Boca patty OR turkey OR chicken

cheese

some sort of vegetable or salad

sometimes a high protein granola bar

snack - apple w/peanut butter

dinner - varies

grilled meat w/veggie and sometimes a small serving of carbs

pasta w/meat and sauce

salad w/chicken

veggie stir fry

• Options

I avoid fruit in the mornings as my fasting number tends to be higher than the rest of the day.

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with cheese and two small low-carb tortillas

1 c. cottage cheese with 1 slice high fiber toast w/butter and 1 tbpn. low-sugar jam

1 c. plain yogurt w/ 1/4 c. flax seed granola and 1/4 c. roasted almonds

Snack:

2 oz. carrots with 2 oz. hummus, 8 crackers and a string cheese

6 graham crackers and 1 c. 1% milk

small apple with 2 tbpn. peanut butter

2 small ice cream sandwiches (12g/carb each) - after dinner only

1 jello cup with 1 c. 1% milk

Snack pack of pretzels and an apricot fruit strip (Archer Farms Brand)

8 Nilla Wafers and 1 c. 1% milk

1 c. Rice Krispies, 1 c. 1% milk

Lunch:

Green salad, 1/2 c. quinoa pasta, 3 oz. grilled chicken

1 c. tomato soup with a cheese quesadilla made with 2 small low carb tortillas, green salad or steamed green veggies (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc.)

PBJ - 2 slices of high fiber bread, 2 tbpn. peanut butter, 1 tbpn, low-sugar jam

Two slices of high fiber bread, toasted with 2 tbpn. cream cheese and 2 oz. of salmon lox

Egg Salad sandwich (again on high fiber bread)

6 turkey meatballs with 3 oz. sweet potato "fries" (baked in the oven), steamed broccoli and a green salad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"