Houston Babies

What age did you stop using video/sound monitor?

I feel like I will have it on my son until he's 10 :-).

Re: What age did you stop using video/sound monitor?

• We are still using ours for Kaley. We are just planning to get a second monitor for DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we're still using the sound monitor for M.  I think we'll get a video monitor for #2.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have monitors for both girls.  Elena will still randomly call out in middle of the night (only maybe once a month?), and I like being able to go to her without her freaking out.  And of course Julia - she's still in a crib.

And, um, more importantly, it is nice to know if Elena's waking up and going to walk into our bedroom at any random time for, um, obvious reasons...

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • We're still using the video monitor. Can't see not using it anytime soon, as DS still wakes up at night sometimes and also will cry out when he's dreaming too. I like being able to see if there is really a reason to trek upstairs to see what's going on.
  • imagemissjake:
    we're still using the sound monitor for M.  I think we'll get a video monitor for #2.

ditto - just ordered the video one for #2 

• We got rid of ours pretty early.  Sam was 21 months, then we used it for Hannah.  We really only used it, though, during naptimes.  Our house was very small, and unless we were in the kitchen or outside, we could hear everything with no monitor.
  • imagechrisbride04:
    We're still using the video monitor. Can't see not using it anytime soon, as DS still wakes up at night sometimes and also will cry out when he's dreaming too. I like being able to see if there is really a reason to trek upstairs to see what's going on.

ditto.

• Man, I am a bad mom.  We turned it off before she was 6 months.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • imagejeneric04:

imagemissjake:
    we're still using the sound monitor for M.  I think we'll get a video monitor for #2.

ditto - just ordered the video one for #2 

this is what we did. even though we don't need a monitor for T i like the security of it. it saves me getting up to check on him any time i hear a weird noise.

i imagine i'll use the video monitor as long as mathis is in his crib, probably even after. again, i like being able to have a sense of what is going on in his room without having to get up.

• imagePAGAS:
    Man, I am a bad mom.  We turned it off before she was 6 months.

who cares? to each their own. i'll probably keep it in mathis' room until he's 18 and leaves for college. monitor habits say little to nothing about parenting skills.

• imagerayskit10:

imagePAGAS:
    Man, I am a bad mom.  We turned it off before she was 6 months.

who cares? to each their own. i'll probably keep it in mathis' room until he's 18 and leaves for college. monitor habits say little to nothing about parenting skills.

All this is true.  DH doesn't like to use it, and I can't sleep if I can't hear what is going on in there.  It's more about my paranoia than good parenting.
    "If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Still use ours (video) and will continue to do so until she's quite a bit older, I'm sure.  She is upstairs and on the other side of the house from us, so we really can't hear her w/o the monitor unless she is SCREAMING (which isn't often).  I love being able to see her on the monitor ~ there's something really comforting about it to me.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"