Multiples

how late can breech twins flip?

I know this has been posted before, so sorry for the repeat but can you all tell me how late your babies fipped, or if you know when the latest twins can flip. I have 2 breech babies and am almost 32 weeks. I'm starting to get used to the idea that I'll have to have a c-section, but am a little sad about it and wondering how long to hold out hope. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how late can breech twins flip?

• One of mine flipped during labor (36w4d) so it can definitely change til the end.  GL!
  • they can change at any time... and as the other poster said - they can flip during labor - so even head down babies can become breech during labor (usually baby B - requiring c/s's often).

• Loading the player...
  • Mine never flipped :o(. However, as much as a bummer as it was not to deliver naturally, the C-Section was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Day 2 was a little rough as far as pain went, but after that it got better each day. I felt great a week after.
  • Mine flipped at 37.5 weeks which was insane to me and I didn't think possible. Looking back, I think I knew when it happened - when I thought a baby was going to tear my stomach apart and come out my belly button. I still had a c section though and am so happy I did - very, very easy recovery.
  • mine never did and i delivered at 37 weeks, not what you want to hear im sure
  • I'm trying to remember what my OB said...I'm thinking it was that if they haven't flipped by 28-30 weeks, then chances aren't good for it to happen later than that. But I could be remembering incorrectly.

(My baby A is head down, baby B is halfway between breech and transverse.)

• I am 37 weeks + and my baby B is still swimming and flipping around. She is in the shape of a C with her head by my belly button and her feet are by my right side ribs,  she was breech last wednesday. I believe it depends on how much fluid they have to move around in.
  • baby b flipped sometime in between the tuesday appt and the fri appt, it doesnt take long for them to move. i had a c-section anyway and LOVED it!
  • We had one breech and one head down.  Mine didn't flip, but my co-workers did at 36 weeks.  GL!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks. either way I deliver I will be so excited for my babies, but just hoping for a vaginal delivery. it's good to hear they can flip that late. i won't expect it, but my fingers are crossed! 
  • When I asked my dr when they would stop flipping, she said about 34 weeks. She said she would evaluate baby A's status then and make a decision if I would be able to try for a vaginal delivery or if we would  schedule a c-section.
  • My Dr said that by 33 -34 weeks if B didn't flip (she is breech and currently lower than A who is head down) that we will schedule a C section (hopefully tomorrow we'll get it on the books), but it seems to me from talking with other MoM's and on here that they can flip whenever they want to, even when your DR thinks that there is no room for them to do so.  For me right now, it feels pretty tight in there and I think I would know it if one of them flipped, at least would feel it.  So far they have been like this for over a month!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"