Baby Names

I need some opinions..

I recently met the cutest little girl through my job named Litty. Ever since I met her I have been wanting a little girl so I can use that name. I have never heard of it before meeting her so us unique but not too out there. I just wanted to get some other opinions. Now that I am expecting we have been toying around with the name if it is a girl. My DH is ok with the name but we have not been able to pick out a middle name that works with it. We have a very common last name so I want to stay away from the common middle names. Any suggestions???

Thank You

Re: I need some opinions..

• Litty?

It reminds me of cat litter.

• Honestly it is a cute nick name for let's say the name Elizabeth or Lita or Lydia or Linda even, but please give her another option for when she is older.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Letty better. That's one of my favorite names. But Litty is pretty too, I think the i throws me off though.
  • Honestly, I'd probably go for something like Letitia for a full name, then use Litty as the nickname.
    imageimage

• Litty = cat litter.  What about Libby?  It's similar, not popular but actually a name - and one that didn't remind me that my cat litter needs to be changed today.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Liddy=yes

Libby=yes

Letty=yes

Litty=no

• Yeah, I think "cat litter" too.  Sorry. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Litty looks like litter...Liddy looks better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How about Lydia and calling her Liddy?
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Maybe use it as a nickname but kids can be cruel and some kids may change the 'l' to a 't' at some point.
  • imagesunnyday016:
    How about Lydia and calling her Liddy?

This. Please don't name your child "Litty".

• My pet is named Lily, but I call her Litty sometimes. I don't like it for a human. 
  • It makes me think of G Gordon Liddy.

I ditto - making it her nickname, but for the love of Pete, give her a 'proper' name to fall back on.

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Also, Litty rhymes with Titty.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • I never thought of titty, surprisingly, since my mind is usually somewhere near the gutter. I never thought of cat litter either. I dont have a cat and never have so my mind never went there. Thanks for your opinions. If I had my choice I would go with lydia and have her nickname me liddy but the DH doesn't like Lydia. I like the Libby suggestion. Is it an actual name and not just short for Elizabeth? I also like Abbey but not Abbigail. This would be so much easier if the DH would like at least one name that I liked!   Any other suggestions for a girl? Something not too popular but not too way out there also?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"