Infertility
Options

What was your dose of stims during IVF cycle? (SAIFW)

Well.. my usual change in medications newbie questions are in effect!

What was/is your dose of stims during your IVF cycle?

I was on 150 units of Gonal-f for 3 nights and will be moving on to 75 units of Gonal-f and 75 units of Repronex starting tonight.

Just being nosy and wondering what other people are doing ::looks around::.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What was your dose of stims during IVF cycle? (SAIFW)

• Options

I am doing the antagonist protocol this cycle and started with 300 iu of Follistim and 2 vials of Menopur (150 iui), but was bumped up last night to 375 iu of Follistim plus the Menopur. And, i have been doing Ganirelix since Sunday a.m. (not sure what the dosage is bc it is a pre-filled syringe)!

It is better to start out with smaller dosages like you are, since this is your first time and your RE doesn't really know how you are going to respond! good luck :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i did long lupron with

Days 1-4: 300 U follistim

Days 5-8: 375 U follistim

Day 9: 300 Units

Day 10: 225 units

Day 11: 150 unit

Day 12: trigger

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm doing the Lupron Antagon Cycle. I have been on stims for 6 nights. I started out at 150 of Gonal-F and 75 of Repronex. I'm now also on 75-Gonal-F and 75 Repronex and 5 units of Lupron. I had blood and US this morning and am waiting for my instructions for tonight. It looks like we'll be cycling very close together!
  • Options
    300 iu's of Follistim throughout cycle
  • Options

IVF #1: Long Lupron Protocol
    150IUs Follistim
    150IUs Menopur
    5 units Lupron

IVF #2: Antagonist Protocol
    225 IUs Follistim (days 1-4) upped to 300IUs
    225 IUs Menopur (day 1-4) upped to 300IUs
    will add in Ganireliz if I ever make a follicle

• Options

For my cycles I did:

IVF#1- 20 units of Microdose Lupron,150 units of Bravelle and 75units of Menupor in the am and pm. On day 6 my estrogen was high so they cut out my am doses.

IVF# 2- 5 units of Lupron in the pm only and 150 units of Bravelle and Menupor in the am and pm. Remainded on this dose the entire time.

Good luck to you!!!

• Options
    imageLCB34:

IVF #1: Long Lupron Protocol
    150IUs Follistim
    150IUs Menopur
    5 units Lupron

IVF #2: Antagonist Protocol
    225 IUs Follistim (days 1-4) upped to 300IUs
    225 IUs Menopur (day 1-4) upped to 300IUs
    will add in Ganireliz if I ever make a follicle

I have faith!! :) Follicle dust to you!!

• Options

imageharley12:
    I'm doing the Lupron Antagon Cycle. I have been on stims for 6 nights. I started out at 150 of Gonal-F and 75 of Repronex. I'm now also on 75-Gonal-F and 75 Repronex and 5 units of Lupron. I had blood and US this morning and am waiting for my instructions for tonight. It looks like we'll be cycling very close together!

Good luck!! Bummer about the Pats game last night :( Boo.

I'm in Wakefield :)

• Options

we did long lupron....

i started at 175 gonal-f, but then got upped to 225, dropped back to 175, then dropped to 75 the last night.     

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options

imageWifeOfARedhead:
    300 iu's of Follistim throughout cycle

Good luck today with your beta!! Everything is crossed! :)

• Options
    I did 600-700 IU of Follistim and 5 units of Lupron for my first IVF in Oct/Nov.
  • Options

I just finnished stimming and stimmed longer b/c I am a slow responder even while doing the Antagonist Protocal here is what I did:

Gonol F-75, Menopor-75 for a week..then they upped it to 150 Gonol F and 75 Menopure..at the end of my stimm cycle to push my numbers up..also added pre filled seringe of Ganarelix for 2 nights, I don't even know how much med was actually in it b/c the needle was so big I was afraid to look while DH did it..

Now I am back on 1cc of PIO every night..which I REALLY HATE.

Where are you in your cycle?? When is your ER??

• Options

I am on a max dose, due to my low AFC.  Here's my protocol:

Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol:

Lupron 10 units x 5 days

Lupron 5 units x 2 days

Switch to Ganirelix .125  for remainder of cycle

Follistim 600iu x 2 days

start Luveris 75iu every other day

Follistim 375iu x 6 days

First stim check

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    150 iu's gonal-f for 10 nights
    Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    imageAlissaCell701:

I just finnished stimming and stimmed longer b/c I am a slow responder even while doing the Antagonist Protocal here is what I did:

Gonol F-75, Menopor-75 for a week..then they upped it to 150 Gonol F and 75 Menopure..at the end of my stimm cycle to push my numbers up..also added pre filled seringe of Ganarelix for 2 nights, I don't even know how much med was actually in it b/c the needle was so big I was afraid to look while DH did it..

I am on day 4 of stims (well tonight is the 4th). ER should be M or T but I wouldn't be surprised if it was later.

I am terrified of the PIO..scary scary. I thought I was going to have to do the Repronex IM but they said to do it SC.

It looks like I am on a much lower dose than everyone else. Now I am really anxious for the 1st u/s!!

GL this cycle!! I hope this is your BFP. I hope it's everyone's BFP.

• Options

Here's what I've been doing so far.  Still waiting on a call to see if I have to change anything up tonight.

112 IUs Follistim
    75 IUs Menopur
    5 units Lupron

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Congratulations to my girl AmberZ! So happy for you!
  • Options

Thanks ladies so much for quenching my curiosity! I appreciate it :)

This is quite the journey and it's so comforting to be able to talk about it with others who are in a similar situation. I don't know what I would do otherwise. So thanks!

• Options

IVF #1: 225 Bravelle + 75 Menopur ---> upped to 300 Bravelle + 75 Menopur on day 5.

IVF #2: 150 IU Follistim + 75 Menopur ----> upped to 150 Follistim + 150 Menopur on day 4.

IVF #3: 150 IU Follistim + 150 Menopur --->upped to 300 Follistim + 150 Menopur on day 4 monitoring ----> decreased back to 150 IU Follistim + 150 Menopur on day 7.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

IVF #3 was my most successfull.  I was on a flare protocol which meant I started Lupron and stims at the same time.  I was on 450 gonal f for 4 days then dropped to 350 of the gonal f and added 150 of repronex in for the rest of the time I was on them.

Good luck!!

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imageAlissaCell701:

I am on day 4 of stims (well tonight is the 4th). ER should be M or T but I wouldn't be surprised if it was later.

I am terrified of the PIO..scary scary. I thought I was going to have to do the Repronex IM but they said to do it SC.

It looks like I am on a much lower dose than everyone else. Now I am really anxious for the 1st u/s!!

The PIO shots aren't that bad..I am just a big wimp..DH does them and he had become such a pro, pinches my tush tight and does it quick..I am not going to lie though the needle is big. I don't even look at it while he is preparing the shot..Also, you can ask your RE for some numbing cream to put on the area..that helps..GL!!

• Options
    imageAlissaCell701:
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imageAlissaCell701:

The PIO shots aren't that bad..I am just a big wimp..DH does them and he had become such a pro, pinches my tush tight and does it quick..I am not going to lie though the needle is big. I don't even look at it while he is preparing the shot..Also, you can ask your RE for some numbing cream to put on the area..that helps..GL!!

Thanks! I was looking at the needles last night Indifferent

That's a good idea bout the numbing cream. :)

• Options

Days 1-3 - 150IU of Menopur and follistim

Days 4-7 - 225 IU of menopur and follistim, added ganirelix on day 6

Days 7-12 - 300 IU of menopur and follistim, continued ganirelix

I stimmed 12 days and triggered on day 13 for retrieval on day 15.  I ended up with 14 eggs, 8 of which were mature and fertilized (getting 14 was a surprise, we hadn't counted more than 10 at the last u/s.)

Re: PIO, get the progesterone in ethyl oleate if you can. It's more expensive, but you can inject it with the 27-gauge needles and it's not nearly as bad as you might think.  Granted, my lumps suck a lot, but I think that's because I was on a 2cc dose. I just got them to get me a more concentrated dosage so now I only have1cc. Much better...

imageimage

• Options
    I was on 225 of Menopur and 225 of Bravelle...the highest dose.
  • Options
    225 of Follistim for X number of days and then Ganirelex at some point...
  • Options

I followed the same protocol for IVFs #1 and 3 and a different one for IVF#2 - all were fairly high in stims it seems.

IVF #1 and #3 - 300 IU follistim and 300 IU of Menopur (combined) every night (ranged between 9 and 12 days) with 20 cc of Lupron every night as well (so, 2 shots total)

IVF #2 - 75 IU Follistim and 600 IU Menopur (combined) every night for 14 days with 20 cc of Lupron every night as well (2 shots total).

5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started at 225IU of gonal-f, them I was bumped to 262.5 and them back down to 225.  The last two nights were 150 and 75.  
  • Options

I am on the antagonist protocol and so far here are my doses:

Day 1- 100 iu

Day 2- 75 iu

Day 3- 100 iu

Day 4- 75 iu

I hyperstimmed during my last IUI so that is why my doses are so low. GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I was on 2 vials of Repronex in the morning and 300 IU's of Gonal-F in the evenings along with low-dose Lupron every 12 hours.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    250IU of folistim.  I stimmed for 7 nights but kinda had a crappy response.  7-8 follies, 4 eggs retrieved.

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was on 450 units of gonal-f throughout my entire cycle. I stimmed for 10 days.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options

I was on 150 iu's of Menopur & Bravelle (75 each) for 10 days.

Then I added in Cetrotide .25 for 3 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"