Parenting after 35
Options

When do you plan on...

When do you plan on stopping BFing and pumping? Going on vaca at end of month and am contemplating this.  I feel sad for stopping but I know I'll get over it.  (I cried the first time I gave her a bottle).

Also I am getting swine flu shot tomorrow..think 3 weeks of BM will provide enough immunity?

Re: When do you plan on...

• Options
    i nursed all mine for about fifteen months, except my oldest. i think the decision to wean is very personal and only you can decide what is best for you and your family. any extra immune boost is a positive thing.
  • Options
    Well, as far as the H1N1 goes, you wont start creating antibodies right away - it increases over the first few weeks, so she'll get more and more until it peaks. I think the passive immunity you give her doesn't last  long after you stop BFing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree, do what is right for you and your family - I don't think there is a right/wrong - its too personal.

• Options
    my supply nose-dived at 4 mos so i quit then.  very personal decision.  good luck!
  • Options
    I was planning on stopping at 6 months, but now I'm considering keeping at it until we TTC again.
  • Options
    I planned for up to 6 months but I think I'll give her whatever I can through flu season.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options

At first my goal was 3 months but now it is 6 months. He really loves nursing (before eating he smiles and takes my breast with both hands) and I love that he stares into my eyes after feeding. It sounds sooo cheesy but I really do feel a connection with him when he is nursing.

That said, I cant see pumping every three hours at my new job.  So I will need to wean him if I do start back to work.

• Options
    I was thinking 6 mths, but she is already 4 mths old & since it's winter & I am home all day I may just continue for ???????????. For me it's about another baby. I know you can get PG while BF but I am sure it reduces the chances so that is what might change my desicion.
  • Options
    We're at 18mos & going strong still...and I kid with DH that DD will still be nursing when she's 10! I'm confident we'll still be nursing at 2 and will just let her decide when she wants to wean - but I'm thinking 3y might be a limit.
  • Options

You have to do what's best for you. Talk to your ped re: antibodies for H1N1.

I'm taking it one day at a time. Most days I can pump 3-4 times at work, but I have to admit, I find it time consuming.

• Options
    Oh, and Moiselle, you might start to cut out one feeding each week if you do plan to wean by the time you go on your trip. You will probably still want to bring your pump just in case...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"