Working Moms

How do you fit exercise in your day?

I need some motivation!!!!

Re: How do you fit exercise in your day?

• i have a cup of coffee after work and head out after Carson goes to bed, about 7:30 or 8pm

there are some days where i can workout at work too

• I get up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM (depending on how long I want my workout to be) and get on the treadmill, lift weights, etc.  I'm in the shower by 6:45 AM.  The only reason why this works for me is that a) I have a treadmill and other fitness equipment at home, and b) DH is on baby duty in the mornings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really don't. I do little things where I can, and I try to walk the baby and dog after work sometimes. I would work out at lunch, but I now spend my lunch pumping, which is the priority to me. I do have a mommy and me pilates DVD I do with DS sometimes. 
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Great tips Ladies!  Bellaciao I think your schedule would be most like mine - mornings are going to have to be my time - we have elliptical and I have weights and workout DVDs so I can make it work at home and husband on baby duty (possibly he can walk the 2 pups we have so they can get some energy out).  It would all start at 5 AM - good times.  In trying to find motivation - I came across this article which is awesome!

https://life.familyeducation.com/exercise/fitness/35974.html

Best of luck to you all =)

• I signed up for a Zumba class (one night a week), DH picks up DD from daycare that night.
  • If I don't go in the morning before work, I won't go. DH and I take turns going in the morning and we go together and put DD in the nursery on Saturdays.
  • I rarely do!  I can fit it in better on the weekends so I guess that's better than nothing.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • At least while I'm nursing, the only way I can think of to fit in any exercise is to walk with DS. And that I can only do on the weekends because it's dark long before I ge thome from work now. Once I'm no longer nursing I'd like to get an elliptical and do half an hour before he wakes up in the morning, but that's a long way off unfortunately.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
  • I don't. I have to start doing something, but I am NOT a morning person, never have been, and I am just not going to get up at 5:30 to work out. There's just no way.

I think we should get an elliptical, so I could do that at night after DD goes to bed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I get up at 6am (pack everything the night before) get out the door and on the freeway by 6:45am - drop DS off at daycare around 7:10 and then I'm at the gym at 8am to meet with my trainer.  The trainer makes me accountable ya know?  I try to meet with him 2x's a week and the other days I work out by myself.  I work out for an hour and then hit the shower and the steam room and then up to my office by 10am.  I'm lucky that I don't have to be at work at 9 and that the gym is in my office building.  If I didn't do it in the mornings, I'd never get to work out.  

There are some great work out videos available.  I do like the jillian michaels videos and think her shred video is less than 30 min.  GL!  It's so hard trying to fit it all in!!  

• imageclimb2cloud9:

I get up at 6am (pack everything the night before) get out the door and on the freeway by 6:45am - drop DS off at daycare around 7:10 and then I'm at the gym at 8am to meet with my trainer.  The trainer makes me accountable ya know?  I try to meet with him 2x's a week and the other days I work out by myself.  I work out for an hour and then hit the shower and the steam room and then up to my office by 10am.  I'm lucky that I don't have to be at work at 9 and that the gym is in my office building.  If I didn't do it in the mornings, I'd never get to work out.  

There are some great work out videos available.  I do like the jillian michaels videos and think her shred video is less than 30 min.  GL!  It's so hard trying to fit it all in!!  

oops!  logged in with my wayyyyy old account.  I wanted to also say that I have a treadmill in the garage that is great for a quick run or for the weekends.  If you can afford to invest in a good piece of equipment, I  think you'd enjoy it!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone - great tips!!!!  I hope to start sticking to a schedule soon - my goal is to be able to comfortably wear a bathing suit (and look good in it) by Memorial Day weekend when we head to the beach regularly on the weekends - our little girl will be more mobile by then and I'll want to take her to the pool, etc.  So - I have to get going!
  • Lunchtime on the 3 days I'm in the office.  the 2 days I work from are harder as I just don't have the same motivation.  My DH and I are really trying to motivate each other - we will be sitting on a beach in Grand Cayman in 2 months so huge motivation to get in better shape,
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"