Attachment Parenting
Options

anyone mix BLW + DC?

we're prepping to intro food, and i'm thinking we may well do a hybrid with some purees (primarily at daycare) and a more BLW-style approach at home.

as is, i can't determine when we'll ever even have time to feed her. mornings feel short + hectic. after work, it's a race to nurse, have a book + a bath, and get her to bed before she's too exhausted. BF is just so much easier, even with the horrid constant pumpingStick out tongue

i digress! has anyone mixed BLW at home and DC? or even BLW at DC? i'd love to hear.

Re: anyone mix BLW + DC?

• Options

This is what we did.  My mom insisted on using  purees (she often watches him) and some nights it was easier than giving him table food.  He wanted to eat solids before he was 6 mos. also, so giving table food made me a little nervous at that point too. 

But we really did follow his cues and pretty soon he demanded to be eating what we eat.

• Options
    We are. I send homemade baby food (purees) to DC and offer her table food and purees at home. She's not really interested in feeding herself though, she prefers purees. I figure if I keep offering she'll eventually feed herself! I'm not really sure if what we're doing is considered BLW, but whatever-it's working for us!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even if you did purees all week and more BLW stuff just on the weekend, I think you'd be fine.  It's not like the two are really at odds with each other (at least, in terms of him learning how to eat). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"