Adoption
Options

Did you create a photobook? What site?

My brother and sister-in-law are trying to adopt. They have an agency and are attending meetings, etc. They are at the point where the agency wants them to create a photobook, and my sister in law asked me to help them!

Apparently, the agency wants to see the pages to "approve" them before the book is printed - has anyone else had to do this and do you have a recommendation for what site to use where you can do this easily? The only thing I can think to do is capture screen shots of the book pages (I'm thinking about Shutterfly, Snapfish, Walgreens, Flickr, etc.) - do any of these sites (or other ones for that matter) let you print better quality pages of your book before you have it officially printed?

Thanks, and GL to everyone through the process! 

image Glacier Hiking in Alaska, Summer 2011

Re: Did you create a photobook? What site?

• Options

I've made some with shutterfly, etc. and once it's done, you can send a link to emails to view it online. 

My best deals for photo stuff is Artscow.com by FAR... they have killer deals. Just a head's up, they take a while to ship from Tokyo, and unless you get a deal on shipping, it can be pricey. But they have specials ALL the time. even free books!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    I used scrapblog, you can download jpegs of the pages then have them printed onto cardstock.  It is like a couple dollars a page to download photo quality jpegs, otherwise the free downloads are a bit pixelated when printed.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just finished ours this weekend. We used mixbook.com. I haven't printed a copy yet but actually just emailed our cw this morning and sent her the link. After you are finished, you can invite people to look at it very easily. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i have used blurb.com before for photobooks and it was fairly user friendly. They can get a tad expensive there though, so it would depend upon what the agency ultimately wants from them.
  • Options
    I made ours on snapfish. Though I might have preferred another site because there isn't much space for writing info on it....
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    We made ours through snapfish.com.  We were very pleased!  We had to order 3 copies and got a discount for ordering multiple so that was a perk!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

This has been the bane of my existence for the last month...updating our profile/photobook.

We used Scrapblog to create the pages.  The soft cover book they printed is too small for our needs, so I had them printed at Walmart.com for only $13/book!  The catch is that you need to increase the jpegs to get a clear page when you enlarge it.  So I had to use special software (that I know own...argh...another expense!) to enlarge each page.

For all of the headache, I love the final product from Walmart.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"