North Dakota Babies
Options

Holy fast labor, batman!

(Not me!- a friend)

Bart's best friend's wife was 10 weeks ahead of me.  Her water broke last night, they went to the hospital and we got this info in a text from them around 6:30p.m.  I thought for sure she would end up having the baby on the 30th, but at 9:30 p.m.- we got the birth announcement!

Turns out she had the baby a mere 2.5 hours after arriving at the hospital- and it went so fast they didn't even have time to give her an epidural!  and, yes, it was her FIRST baby!) How can I get one of those births!?!?!  I am so jealous!

Re: Holy fast labor, batman!

• Options

Oh, wow!!  Maybe you will, too! 

Any details?  Boy/girl?  Name?

• Options
    imagenatalee215:

Oh, wow!!  Maybe you will, too! 

Any details?  Boy/girl?  Name?

His name is Jake Thomas- 7 lbs 13 oz =)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats to your friend! My mom had super fast labor like that (hers were 4 and 5 hours) so I'm hoping to have her luck!
  • Options
    WOW, well crap! Can I order one of those right about now?? I'm sick and tired of this contracting every 8-10 minutes SHIIITTT!
  • Options

imagetrevess:
    How can I get one of those births!?!?!  I am so jealous!

I don't know, but if you figure it out let me know b/c when I'm ready to have kids I'd like to place an order as well Wink

Congrats to your friend!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options

I am super jealous of ladies with awesomly fast labors.  Timm's SIL felt her first contraction around midnight and went to the hospital around 5 and had the baby at 7:30am.  It was her first kid too.  I just don't get it.  But I will place that order as well!

Congrats to your friends!

• Options
    Nice! My mom's labors from start to finish were 2 and 4 hours! Mine was 28 and then I needed a C-section, guess genetics doesn't help :)
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options
    Wow! That is great. I hope it does run in the family because my mom was 6 and 4 hours with us 2 girls and my sister was 5 and 2.5 hours with hers.
  • Options

imagelindeenwedding:
    Nice! My mom's labors from start to finish were 2 and 4 hours! Mine was 28 and then I needed a C-section, guess genetics doesn't help :)

well crap! lol

• Options
    Last night I had a dream that I had a labor like that.  It was also painless!  I guess I can dream...
  • Options
    My mom was in labor for 36 hours with me.. I hope that genetics has nothing to do with it!
  • Options

I've heard that visualizing the end of labor can really help.  Not sure if there's any truth to that but it's worth trying!  I'm sure you'll get lucky with a fast labor, too.

My cousin had a REALLY fast labor.  Her water broke and 20 minutes later the baby was born on their bathroom floor.  They had no time to get to the hospital and the EMTs were only just getting there as the baby was being born.  She even made the newspaper it was that fast!

• Options
    I was lucky...arrived at the hospital at 1:45 and Nathan was born by 5:30
  • Options

imageMmeBP:
    I was lucky...arrived at the hospital at 1:45 and Nathan was born by 5:30

Me too... got to hospital around 9:30 am and baby arrived at 1:10pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"