Preemies

Bring baby home

I'm so excited i can't even sleep right now.  After 6 weeks we will be brining our baby boy home this week.  Do you have any advice on anything that you found helpful to do before bring home your preemie.  I'm doing a huge clenaing tomorrow and food shoppingbut, i feel like there is something else i need to do before he comes home...  
10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....

Re: Bring baby home

• Congratulations!

For home: just make sure that your family and friends know the rules about visiting. You don't want any unwelcome surprises.

Get a good night's sleep while you can.

The only things we used in the beginning were lots of receiving blankets for swaddling, the swing & plenty of diapers.

• Layette:Don't go crazy on buying preemie outfits, babies grow so fast, NB size will do fine. I like the First Years sleep positioner, it keeps baby tight and snug, as he was in the NICU. I also like the Boppy pillow for breastfeeding sessions. And the Moby wrap is great to wear your LO around or to do kangaroo care. CONGRATS AND GL!                                                                         
  • Loading the player...
  • This is for the actual discharge:

MAKE SURE YOU GET PICTURES OF BABY LEAVING and WITH YOU!!!  I only have a few and seriously regret not getting more.  Also, make sure you get a picture of baby in the carseat.  You will not believe how quickly they grow and, again, something I forgot to do. 

Definitely the Moby wrap.  Worked wonders for us.  Swaddle Me, and I agree with not purchasing preemie gowns.  I got the gap sleepsacks and those were great!

Congrats and enjoy.  But don't be surprised if after you get baby home you feel completely clueless.  It is completely normal!  I remember John and I brining her home, getting her in her crib because she was asleep, and standing back and saying, "uh, now what?"

Enjoy every second.  It truly flies by!

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• imageSWMcFarland:

This is for the actual discharge:

MAKE SURE YOU GET PICTURES OF BABY LEAVING and WITH YOU!!!  I only have a few and seriously regret not getting more.  Also, make sure you get a picture of baby in the carseat.  You will not believe how quickly they grow and, again, something I forgot to do. 

I already posted on PAL :-) ..... I agree with this above!  It will be amazing how fast your LO changes from that day he comes home!  Some one from the board gave me this same advice.  I am so glad I did!

• congrats!  cleaning was really important to me.  and making sure all drs appts, etc were lined up.  I also tried to replicate the hospital's crib and efficiency by having everything right near where he sleeps.  gl!
  • Hurray! Ditto all the other posts regarding skipping the preemie sizes and taking pics. I also made sure the changing area was 100% stocked and that all the bath stuff was set up in an easy to reach fashion. I'd also make some meals for yourself that are easy to reheat if you have the chance - cooking was hard to do once DS was home! One last thing: go out to dinner with your DH! Enjoy a date night without having to pay a babysitter while you can :-)
  • Congrats!!!  PP said it well!
  • I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say CONGRATS! I'm sure you are counting the minutes until your LO is home with you! :)
  • Congratulations!!! Take lots of pics, enjoy every minute, don't be afraid to ask for help. My DD actually wore preemie clothes for 4 months, so you never know?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • congrats, i hope i will be following you shortly! ds is still in NICU. im cleaning and stocking up lots of wipes, diapers(when i find out what size). i know i need to get a large grocery shop done. im looking for any tips too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"