2nd Trimester

TB Test during pregnancy????

I work in the medical field which requires an annual screening for TB.  Is it safe or not im in my 14 week??

Re: TB Test during pregnancy????

• Well, the TB test is when they inject a tiny amount of the virus under the skin of your hand to see if you ALREADY have TB.  If you react (like a rash) then you do, if not, you don't.

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe because the test is to see if you already have TB, it's not like a vaccine or anything...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Is that the test where they put a bubble in your skin? My Ob-Gyn's office gave that to me. The one I had was totally fine.

• imageMrsJulieT:
    Yep it's a required test at my OB during your very first appointment.

Mine too.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • Yes, I had it done in late 2nd tri when I was PG with DS.  It's perfectly safe.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I also work in health care, and when I had to get mine done, employee health required a "permission" slip from my OB. They suggested I wait until after delivery, so I didn't get it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had one done & had no problems. However if you are feeling uncertian there is a blood test that can test for TB. I also had one of these.
  • Yep, it's safe. I had to update mine for work. Doc says it's safe.
  • Yeah it's safe. It's not "systemic" staying "locally" in your skin, kind of like a mosquito bite. It is more important, especially working in the medical field, to determine if you have had a possible exposure to tb in the past. I had mine at 6 weeks. Practice what you preach right? Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"