South Florida Babies

Any advice on unbinding a toddler?

Poor Kate is SO constipated.  What do you do to unbind your kids?  I feel so bad for her!

Re: Any advice on unbinding a toddler?

• I would love to hear some of these responses! Evan also gets very constipated at times with even a slight scare when he could not pass a bowel movement from how hard it was. :(

Here are a few things that work for us...

1. Raisin and oatmeal gerber

2. Prunes in any way - juice, smashed, gerber

3. cream cheese with raisins (careful because this can be fattening but it works great)

4. white karo syrup in his milk

5. Mix milk with water since milk can constipate

6. Benafiber mixed with juice

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• As an infant I gave Nicky dark karo syrup in his bottle and it worked right away.  You can probably add it to her milk or juice.  If it can wait til morning, call the pedi's office and ask how much you should use.  If she needs relief immediately, have you tried prune juice?????

• Loading the player...
  • Also, just thinking about it some more....Nicky doesn't really have constipation issues, but as soon as he drinks undiluted apple juice he poops his brains out. (If you don't want to go the prune juice route).
  • Alexis has always had constipation issues and she eats tons of fruits and veggies and oatmeal.  My pedi suggested Miralax in her milk, I give her 1 tsp once a day when she gets really bad, and it fixes her. 
    image image

• we use regular prune juice, about 1oz - 2oz in his bottle of milk. that gets him going!
  • undiluted apple juice does the trick with abby!
  • Prune juice works wonders with Jake.. and if all else feels the handy dandy suppository always saves the day!
  • Prune juice always worked with Diego and once with Sofia. I add some water and give a little first to test. 
  • Honestly, Sophie goes poopy within 10 minutes of a glass of undilated orange juice.

When she was little prunes worked.

As a last resort, put some vaseline on the tip of a rectal thermometer and kind of massage the area to coax her stool to come out. That worked a few times for Sophie. Do this in intervals and pull her legs up and massage her belly.

My BIL has had to give baby enemeas to my niece because she got so bad but I never had to resort to that and would not even know where to tell you to start.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My god-daughter has always had issues pooping and her mom either put the white karo corn syrup in her milk or prune juice. It always helps!
    TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • a Prune juice and water cocktail work for Spencer.  I can't believe I just answered a question for a toddler!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"