Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

MIL Vent **long**

My DH and I went out of town for the weekend and my in-laws watched the boys.  We come home today and are having dinner and DS1 is acting like a typical two year old.  Playing with his food (*side note* I don't make a big deal if he doesn't eat his dinner, if he is hungry he will eat.  He also knows he can't have any desert if he doesn't eat dinner.  Meanwhile she is always trying to force feed him).  Anyways, DS is shoveling food into his mouth in a playful and slightly obnoxious manner, but I shrug it off because...well he's a 2 year old and that is what they do.  She makes a comment about what a mess he is making on the floor, to which I reply "this is what our dog is for."  She then says "I would beat his ass if he were my kid."  WHAT?!?!?!  My blood started boiling and I looked her square in the eye and said, "well thankfully he's not your child, he's ours and he will handle him in the way we see appropriate."  FIL looked mortified and told her that if she was going to be negative nelly then to go unload the dishwasher. 

She also made more than one comment how he had an "accident" (potty) when they were out shopping.  She was acting as though he were the worst kid in the world.  After like the 3rd comment I said, "You do realize he isn't even 2 1/2 yet and is potty trained right?!?!  You do understand that accidents happen." 

GRRRR....this woman can really irk me sometimes.  She makes off the wall comments when she has had a few cocktails (she had a few beers tonight) and they really piss me off.  I guess she forgets that 2 year olds don't come automatically manner trained and are not perfect little angels as soon as they are out of diapers.  I just want to give her the big ole' middle finger tonight. 

Sorry for the long vent.  Vent over!

Re: MIL Vent **long**

• Options

aaaaaand that would be the last time she was alone with my child.

sorry!  how ridic!

• Options
    imageStacieErin:

sorry!  how ridic!

Thinking the same exact thing...."beat his ass" ?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStacieErin:

sorry!  how ridic!

ditto, that is terrible.

• Options
    imageStacieErin:

sorry!  how ridic!

Ditto!

• Options
    ahh i feel bad for you that is something my MIL would do.. how did you get your son potty trained so young??? i would love to start working on my LO but not sure where to start.. TIA>>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"