Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Not really anything new...

I still have not heard from Keta, I am talking to her bff almost daily, to get updates and to just talk, I find I need it comforting for both of us since Keta justs wants to be alone with her husbnd, to grieve. Her bff had a son 1 month to the day older then Christopher and Jack is 4 months older. We both know it will may be awhile before we hear from Keta and so please understand what that means for her coming on here.

No results are back yet, maybe tomorrow. But, please do not expect her to have the priority of coming on here to post for you all. I know how hard it must have been for her to come on here and tell his story. But, that just shows how amazing Keta is, that in her time of grief, she wants to warn other mothers. Please quit paging her or paging asking if she has posted. I have asked before that no one email her, pm her, fb her, or search things out on google. They want their privacy. Her bff has even said no cards at this point from anyone. Okay?

I promise ladies when the time is right, I will tell her about how amazing you all have been. If someone can print up the op and responses for me, I will give them all to her when she is ready.

Do not expect her to comeback and post what happened to Christopher. I think it was amazing that she even came on in the first place to warn other mothers and those that felt that she should, please put yourselves in her shoes? Would you want to be back here?

I do know that they went to a grief counser. As far as a funeral, I have no idea. It may be awhile. As far as the memorial fund, please have patience, once again, as soon as I hear anything, I will let you know. At this point, they do not want any financial gain from Christopher's death. But, they do think doing something in his honor would be nice. But, at this time, they just can't think about it. Let them decide when they are ready and I will post their wishes, okay?

Yes, Christopher was a twin, I imagine him somewhere playing with his twin now. So, please ladies continue to pray for Keta and her family. Her best friend put it best, "everyone needs a little Keta in their life!" She is the most sweetest, amazing person and I wish you all could know her in real life. She was just a bridesmaid in my wedding. It is so hard to know there is nothing I can do. I know, not one person on here can say, they have ever heard her be snarky or mean. That is not her.

I am sorry if I have rambled, duplicated things or came off defensive. I hoped this helped. Once again, I will let you know if I hear anything.  

Re: Not really anything new...

• Options
    Please repost to other boards that may want the information.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss as well. She's very lucky to have you as a friend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks for checking in.

i don't think anyone really expects her to come back and update us.  i can't imagine on her list of priorities that the nest would even appear.  but we'll all continue thinking about her and sending our best thoughts to her family.

• Options

Thank you for the update.

I will continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers.  

• Options
    Thanks for letting us know.  It's really awesome that she has a good friend like you to be there for her during this time.  It's just so hard to understand or believe that something like this can and does happen to babies or anyone.  We all just want to be as supportive as possible for her as moms and women.  I am sorry for your loss as well and if you need anything, just let us know.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting. I don't really think that any of us believe that coming back here is a priority at all for her, nor should it be. We all just want her and her family to be well and to mourn how they need to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for posting this. I think everyone on this board thinks of keta a lot throughout the day.

Do you know how she's doing physically? She's pregnant right? I can't imagine the stress of having to stay healthy for one child while grieving for another. My heart hurts for her and her family.

• Options

her family will remain in my prayers. 

thank you for the update, and i'm sorry for your loss as well.

• Options
    Thanks for the update. I really can't imagine what she is going through. You said that Christopher was a twin. To go through losing one is hard but then to lose the other must be even harder. At least she knows that they are together again. Her family are in my thoughts.
  • Options

No one expects her to come keep us in the loop.

To tell us to stop asking is to tell us to stop caring. Not going to happen. Please don't tell us to do so.

• Options
    Thank you for posting. I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll keep Keta and her family in my prayers.
  • Options
    Our continued thoughts and prayers are with her and her husband during this tragic time. I can't begin to fathom what they're going through. I don't know Keta, as I'm never on this board, but she sounds like an amazing person. I still can't believe that she had the strength to share what happened. She's fortunate to have such wonderful friends and I hope she finding at least some type of solace in having such support people around her.
  • Options

In no way do I expect her to return to the Nest, I can't imagine how painful that would be.

But it doesn't stop us from thinking and caring about her so forgive us if we ask after her from time to time.

Playing with Papa at the Beach
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you for the update.  As others have mentioned, none of us expect Ketamarie to come back and none of us feel that she owes any of us an explanation.  I agree that it was amazing of her to post her story in the first place...I don't think I could have done it if I were in her place.  But just as you have found some comfort in talking to her best friend, we are looking for comfort in the community of the Bump.  We are not doing so to try to impose or because we expect something of her.  It is just that we care...

Even though I don't know Ketamarie, her loss has touched me in a way I would never have expected.  My heart breaks every time I think of what her and her family are going through and I think most of us just want to hear how she is doing and if she is OK.  So again, thank you for your post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"