Multiples
Options

Why???

Do I wake up with a headache every morning???? Normal 2nd tri symptom, or because I am not drinking anything for 7-8 hours while I'm sleeping? Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Why???

• Options
    This has happened to me nearly every day! I wish I knew the answer...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

can be a lot of things... totally normal hormone issue... could be your BP is too low (this happened to me around 17w - my doc told me to have caffiene and some more salt in my diet- go figure- but it worked and got rid of the headaches and dizzy spells)... could be too much caffiene... BP = too HIGH.... it's really hard to know unless you see your doc.

hope you feel better - i hated them!!  Excedrine tension headache was my friend ( it's just tylenol + caffiene)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the 2nd tri I had horrible headaches.  The only cure was a Coke to wash down 2 Tylenol,and I stopped drinking caffeine months before my BFP so that wasn't the cause.  I hope your headaches go away soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wake up with one, too.  I think it's because I'm not drinking anything for 8 hours, because once I get up and have some water, it gets better.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

the more water tips are good - I keep a glass by my bed and when I get up to go to the bathroom I take a few sips.  sounds couterintuitive, but it totally helps me with that and leg cramps.  could also be hunger.  by time I get up I haven't eaten in 12 hours and there is about nothing that could stop me from eating. 

• Options
    I woke up with a headache pretty much everyday from 13-16ish weeks. I really think it was due to hormonal changes because around 16 weeks or so they completely went away and I've hardly had any since!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did too. Increase your fluids but ot's prob. the extra blood volume and stuff.
  • Options

Yeah, like pps have said, it's normal. It sucks, but it's normal. I had awful headaches & migraines from 14w to about 18w when they finally started subsiding. Tylenol, caffeine, and the first script pain med I was given (tylenol w/ codeine, I think) didn't do a thing for me, but then my MFM gave me a script for a pregnancy-safe migraine med, and that seemed to work. If they are totally debilitating (mine were-- I couldn't function enough to go to work), you might check with your doc about a script.

Luckily, when I get a headache now, a tylenol and a Barq's root beer (it's caffeinated, but not as much as a coke, for example) seems to work.

And definitely stay hydrated. (I try to drink half a glass of water every time I wake up in the night.) GL!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

Did you try drink extra water - I know it is hard, but I always took water to bed with me and when I got up to pee, I would drink more water.

I suffer from Migraine headaches - have since I was 7 years old and got a lot of them when I was pregnant with DD.

I lucked out and only had a couple with the twins.

Also - have a coke or hot tea and tylenol first thing before you do anything in the morning - that might help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"