Multiples

XP: 1st paranoid "emergency" trip to OB

Also posted this on SAIF...

I've been having more frequent and stronger braxton-hicks contractions (I think) the last few days, along with various other aches and pains. I had myself worked up into such an anxious tizzy last night about all the belly tightening that I decided to call the OB today. They let me come in this afternoon to be checked out, and everything is fine! They did a pelvic exam (u/s room wasn't available) and said my cervix is still very long and closed, did swabs for various infections, measured my belly (24-25 weeks!), and found all 3 heartbeats pretty quickly. My BP was a little higher than normal, but I'm chalking that up to anxiety and rushing to get to the appt in time.

So, they think it's a combination of some mild BH contractions and just muscle stretching, esp. since it only happens when I move around (not when I'm lying down). They encouraged me to come in anytime something doesn't feel right, but were also pretty reassuring that what I'm feeling is benign. I'm just feeling all this stuff earlier since I've got 3 cooking. 

phew! I will continue to work on taking it easy and drinking lots of water - it's harder than I thought!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: 1st paranoid "emergency" trip to OB

• I'm glad everything was OK! Definitely better to be safe than sorry.

I went in around 22 weeks for a similar situation. It starts feeling funky when you start measuring bigger, and if you don't have anything to compare it to, plus the added anxiety of a multiple pregnancy...no good way to know what's going on in there!

• Sorry about the scare L.  Im glad to hear everything is okay though.
  • Loading the player...
  • glad you are ok and babies, too!

i just watched a triplet woman on TLC baby story- delivered at 35w - each baby was 5lb+ -- totally amazing!!  Hope that is you!

• imageGoldie_Locks_5:

glad you are ok and babies, too!

i just watched a triplet woman on TLC baby story- delivered at 35w - each baby was 5lb+ -- totally amazing!!  Hope that is you!

holy crap! that is inspirational, but also a little scary to think about where all those pounds will fit in my belly!

• Glad you went in and got it checked out. I just had another emergency visit tonight for back pain.  Its so scary to deal with feelings that are unknown to you, but its good to set your mind at ease.  
  • I know my time is coming... I am just a big worrywart and eventually I know I will go in.  I'm glad to hear that they treated you so well and didn't make you feel silly for calling and wanting to check.  And what great reassurance to have between appointments!  Glad all is well and I hope it stays that way!
  • I went in around then too with similar stuff. It's all part of being preg. with 3. I'm glad it was nothing. Keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"