Georgia Babies
Options

Names on stockings?

PB is having a sale on stockings it's free shipping and monograming. So should I put mom, dad, colin on them or leave them blank? What do you have? We didn't buy him a stocking last year and I always wanted to buy the PB ones.
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Names on stockings?

• Options
    I grew up with my parents having mom and dad.  I think I would do the same thing.
  • Options
    son of a ***!  I just ordered mine two weeks ago when they were on sale but the monogramming and shipping were not free!  grrrr  We bought Finn his two years ago and so I just ordered Riley's.  our stockings are lame ones without our names on them, but I would definitely put mom and dad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put our names, but then again I got them before SC.
  • Options
    i got ours the other week with the same offer. i put our names on them. this is what my parents did.
  • Options

I'm planning to put Mommy and Daddy--this is what my parents did.  Also, my original stocking with my name on it always hangs at my parents...my mom always hung her childhood stocking up with the Mommy stocking.

I too purchased Aerin's at full price and had to pay for monogramming :(

• Options
    We have "Mom, Dad, Grant and Reid" and one extra stocking for when we have #3. We weren't sure if we should put our names or Mom and Dad...but went with the later because that's what the kids call us.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options
    I went back and forth on this, but we ended up with Mom, Dad, Ava. I too have the pottery barn ones and they look so nice!
  • Options
    i posted this exact question last year.  i think it came back a toss up.  ours have our names, but i like the idea of mom and dad too.  i think either is fine. 
  • Options
    Well, duh, it never even occurred to me to put Mom and Dad on them!!  We have had the needlepoint stockings from Lands End since we got married, and got one for Jack when he was born.  But then I felt like John and I had the "good" ones with the tree and santa on them and plus I just wanted something different...so last year I just had a smaller "Baby's 1st Christmas" stocknig for E from PBK, and then picked up two PBK coordinating stockings for the boys at the after-Christmas sale for $7 each.  Just took them to get monogrammed yesterday!  Might order the striped ones from the same style for John and I, and put Mom and Dad on them now.  My childhood stocking still hangs at my parents house, and they never had stockings when I was growing up (just one for me and one for my brother....).
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    I ordered the PBK stockings last year and put Mom, Dad, and Hailey. Looks cute for pics!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"