Preemies
Options

NICU follow up - Ruminating :(

So, Zoey went to her 6 month (adjusted) follow up at the NICU today.  Out of all the positive news that came out of the day, I am stuck on the "what-if's" and the "will we beat the odds?" place.  Let me just say that I know Zoey is a miracle.  She is moving right along developmentally, she is trying to talk (loudly!), and she is doing great with solid foods.  She is barely under 13 pounds, and she is 24 inches tall.  I innocently mentioned some muscle tone issues and some odd, asymmetrical movements she makes when she is excited.  In short, the doctor took great care in explaining how Zoey might be experiencing the effects of the bleeds on her brain and of the PVL's (cysts) that were identified in her brain in the NICU.  The rigidity of the muscles comes from misfires from her brain, and we need to help her through PT, good diet, etc., to reduce the tightness of the muscles.  There was not a huge panic, just information and other neurological issues to watch for.  My mind is my worst enemy.  Boo.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NICU follow up - Ruminating :(

• Options
    awww, don't worry it sounds like they are on top of it.  She looks great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( I wonder about the same thing a lot.  It's wonderful that she's doing well in so many areas, but that's still so, so hard!  (hugs)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate the evals. I really do. It's just so hard to focus on the what ifs and what could have beens. It sounds like she's doing amazing!
  • Options

I'm sorry :(  But therapy can do amazing things with tone, etc, and she's still young, so i wouldn't worry just yet. 

She is so stinkin' cute in your siggy picture! She has the best smile-you need to show it off around here more! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry. You are a good mama and with the help of doctors and therapists you will stay on top of things and make sure Zoe gets all the help she needs. Everything you said sounds like she's doing great so far. Try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. I still worry about my two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"